New Nucore Cases

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Chuck
Site Admin

New Nucore Cases

Post by Chuck »

We would like to start by Thanking Eric A. for making the original cases for us. His help was invaluable. He also hated dealing with metal shops so he handed the project back to us. Don has been working on a new case design over the last several months. The first set of prototypes were built and the drawings were tweaked. The latest prototypes should be back very quickly. We're hoping these will be production quality. We are currently out of cases which means we are also in a backorder situation on Complete units. We hope to have the new cases no later than mid August. We will keep you updated on the status. Here's a quick rundown on the differences:

Changes:

Smoother edges.
Flush motherboard mounts (no screw threads extending out of the bottom of the case anymore.
Black powder coating standard.
No welding
They will be available for sale at pinballlife.com (you will be able to buy the case without a complete system from Terry.)

Even with the powder coating we are shooting for no price increase from the original cases ($110 plus shipping.) I will try to get a picture up of the prototype soon.
luvcraft

Re: New Nucore Cases

Post by luvcraft »

so, any unfilled NuCore complete orders won't be filled until mid-August?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

luvcraft wrote:so, any unfilled NuCore complete orders won't be filled until mid-August?
On June 25th I changed the complete page on pinballlife.com to say they were on backorder. We just shipped the last group of orders that used the last of our old cases. When did you order?
luvcraft

Post by luvcraft »

I put in my order on the 5th, but somehow missed the notice because I am dumb. Fortunately, I was able to get Terry to refund that part of my order, and I'll place the order again once the new cases come in! :)
Wizboy

Post by Wizboy »

Would it be possible to get the computer case drawings?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I'll ask Don to post them.
Wizboy

Post by Wizboy »

Chuck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 pm I'll ask Don to post them.
Any decision made about the drawings?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

There are still cases in stock at pinballlife.com. After those are gone Don will post the plans.
jumperger

Post by jumperger »

Do you have a link for these cases?