I cannot connect to my Pin2k to update code or change game

Talk about anything PB2K related.
ace3093

I cannot connect to my Pin2k to update code or change game

Post by ace3093 »

I recently got a SW Ep1 kit and when I try to use the connection software it keeps telling me that I cannot connect. I tried using com1 and also changed to com 2 on my computer. I made sure all the cables are connected on the pin2k including the mother board and the serial cable is connected properly. I have tried to update on 2 different computers one running XP and one running Win7 and it still gives me the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work. Is there any special setting I need to set up on my computer?

I almost have my wife talked into letting me ordering nucore but I cant order it at the moment since pinball life is down at the moment.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: I cannot connect to my Pin2k to update code or change game

Post by Chuck »

There are lots of things that could be wrong. Read Clay's guide: http://www.pinrepair.com/pin2000/index.htm#update

Not having to update is one of the best features of Nucore ;-)
ace3093

Post by ace3093 »

I have gone over that page like 10 times and it still wont connect. I have finally talked my wife into letting me order Nucore.

I have a question about the full package. Is it trully drop in and play? If I add the arcade vga and audio will I have to install driver for the acade vga or will it be install also?

Thanks
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

ace3093 wrote:I have gone over that page like 10 times and it still wont connect. I have finally talked my wife into letting me order Nucore.

I have a question about the full package. Is it trully drop in and play? If I add the arcade vga and audio will I have to install driver for the acade vga or will it be install also?

Thanks
If you buy the arcade vga it comes installed with the driver. Some people have had to adjust their original pin2k monitor for good alignment. There are instructions here that tell you how.