original working parts

Talk about anything PB2K related.
kingpin

original working parts

Post by kingpin »

i just purchased a working Revenge From Mars. Everything is working (computer, monitor, audio board, etc). would i be better to run the computer and monitor until they eventually die or should i try to sell them now and build a nucore system?

i am not sure what the parts are worth. i don't believe everything i see on ebay, but it seems like there is value here.

thanks in advance

christopher
Current pinballs:
Black Knight 2000
Revenge From Mars
woka

Re: original working parts

Post by woka »

Consider my very recent scenario..

Pin2k computer went on extended leave, it never came back (dead).

I sold the CPU and mainboard (with issues stated) for $40 odd bucks
I then sold the working Prism card and ROM board for $200.

With Nucore + postage to Australia I've already recouped half of my 'base package' costs. A cheap PC can be sourced / built for very little, new say a couple of hundred. A bit of wheeling and dealing and my outlay of $720.00, I've recouped a third. I've still got a nice sharp original Pin2K screen and chassis that I can get $150+ for, so all in all, I reckon your 'parts' are worth 50% of our outlay for a reliable Nucore kit. If your parts (motherboard in particular) are working, expect to recoup even more to offset your purchase.
kingpin

Re: original working parts

Post by kingpin »

that is what i was guessing, about half of what it would cost me to build a nucore and get a lcd monitor.

it will be a while before i get started on this though so in the mean time if anyone is interested in the parts let me know

nmeun87007@gmail.com

christopher
Current pinballs:
Black Knight 2000
Revenge From Mars