Are you interested in buying our product?

Talk about anything PB2K related.

Are you interested in buying a product to replace the pin2000 prism board and computer

Poll ended at Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Yes
65%
No
2%
Maybe
7%
I need more details
26%

Total votes: 54

Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

A second ultrapin? Why do you want two? Is it the newer model?
destruk

Post by destruk »

No, link mode head to head play... :)
djcharlie17

Buying...

Post by djcharlie17 »

I'm voting yes, but as always, price is an issue. Keep it affordable, and I'm in right when it comes out! If it's pricey, then I risk my current game system until it crashes... Having said that, I'm really excited about this project, and hope it stays on the affordable side so I can get one ASAP!!!
:D
Eddie
Veteran

Re: Are you interested in buying our product?

Post by Eddie »

Im very interested.
Gamer1st

Post by Gamer1st »

I'm very interested!

I used to own several machines, and bought everything I could get my hands on from e/m on up just because I loved the challenge of fixing anything mechanical or electronic that was broken. (My weirdest e/m was an old shaker-ball machine. I'd have to give the weirdest electronic pin-ish game award to a Hyperball I restored.) (I know, I know, HB isn't pinball).

Before I got into pins I had very little interest in the electronic aspect of the games, but I started buying and restoring old video games too. And after those, and getting a Black Hole, I had to learn that part of the tech.

I also used to own an automotive repair shop and specialized in fuel injection and transmissions (also for the challenge, {and the money was nothing to sneeze at either!}). I got to the point where I couldn't tell which one was the hobby, and which one was the job. Either way it was a blast.

Several years ago I ended up with some kind of nerve damage in my back and I'm now in a wheelchair. (Lugging around the pins and arcade machines had nothing to do with it, according to my doc anyway.) After that happened I had to sell everything off :cry: :x .

Last year I bought an RFM and was hopeful that I could add a SWEP1 kit later that could be swapped in and out, and get back a little of the in-home arcade feel I used to have, but without the space requirements, which I can no longer meet in an apartment.

I just ran onto this site a week ago, and couldn't believe the luck of both the timing, and the product itself. The modularity of the PB2K, and this system, will solve all my problems, (except the nerve damage of course :roll: ).

Steve

P.S. Now get back to work so I can buy this thing!
dan76

Post by dan76 »

i'll get one as soon as released!! when would that be?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

dan76 wrote:i'll get one as soon as released!! when would that be?
We're shooting for the end of 2008, beginning of 2009.

We want to get this out as much as everybody wants to get it ;-)
dan76

Post by dan76 »

forgive me if this has already been asked but do you have a price point set yet?
also is it going to be possible to add or change game videos/animations or add sub games?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

dan76 wrote:forgive me if this has already been asked but do you have a price point set yet?
also is it going to be possible to add or change game videos/animations or add sub games?
No price yet. The other questions are TBD ;-)
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

Count me in for the software for sure!
Subarubrat

Post by Subarubrat »

Software YES.

HW, depends, and maybe you can answer this. I totally get the idea of a known compatible configuration, and only supporting software on proven configurations. What I am not sure of is the economics of selling the hardware at a competitive price with whats available though the market already. Another point I am unsure of is the range of options. I certainly like the idea of keeping your existing case, amplifier, or the complete replacement. I know of RFMs that are missing the entire PC assembly that I could buy cheap, my current one is fully equipped. What I am wondering is what will be available as options if I buy the HW from you. For example, if the hardware is priced within reason for me not to risk running the SW unsupported can I make any choices or is it an as is config? My main concern is storage, if I wanted to run two laptop drives in RAID mirror and had them on hand could I order it without the drives?
nworker

Post by nworker »

I would purchase one of these in a heart beat. My interest is in getting an idea of how we can tweek one of the current games to make it custom for us. That would be quite and accomplishment.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Our current plan is to provide the software and our hardware as the base Nucore package. The second option will be to purchase a complete unit Nucore and new computer hardware ready to go. We don't want to sell computer hardware at all, it's not our specialty. But we do need to provide this type of solution since probably half of our customer base probably can't install linux and get it running. As far as support goes we will offer Nucore support online on this forum. We are hoping that the community here will also try and help each other. We will provide a test application so people can make sure Nucore will run on their hardware. We won't be able to provide much in the way of linux support. We will provide instruction on how to setup the unit that should be easy for anyone with basic computer knowledge. We will provide linux tips. We will also have a list of hardware that has been tested and works with Nucore. Although most any hardware that runs ubuntu linux will work with nucore.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Yes, I am very interested in purchasing this product. I am currently restoring a RFM and a SW1 for my private collection.