Tell us what you would like to see.

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Chuck
Site Admin

Tell us what you would like to see.

Post by Chuck »

We are keeping parts of this a secret until release but let us know if there is anything specific you would like to see. Who knows, we might post a video or take some screenshots for you.
dangerwil

Post by dangerwil »

Information, we want information!

Inside the card cage of a P2k motherboard, there is a a small audio board that plugs into the prism card. Is this a sound amp? Is this going to connect to the new motherboard to drive the speakers, or am I going to need to hack a set of pc speakers for a sound amp, like in a mamecab?

Thanks,

Bill
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

That board is an amp/decoder for the audio.

You will not have to buy cheap speakers =)
JMX

Post by JMX »

I would like to know if you have been able to extract any resources, like animations, music and sounds out of the game? And if so what format they were in?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

JMX wrote:I would like to know if you have been able to extract any resources, like animations, music and sounds out of the game? And if so what format they were in?
We could, in theory, extract anything from the game. I don't think we would for use outside the game itself.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

It would be worth considering adding support for a second video card that can drive an external display. Same video, but on something everyone can see. RFM is entertaining enough that it would be fun.
dangerwil

Post by dangerwil »

It would be nice to actually be able to watch the movie in Drive in Demolition. It's hilarious.

Bill
JMX

Post by JMX »

ChadTower wrote:It would be worth considering adding support for a second video card that can drive an external display. Same video, but on something everyone can see. RFM is entertaining enough that it would be fun.
Or have it as a scoreboard whith everybodys scores, and brief info on what mode the current player plays etc.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

JMX wrote:Or have it as a scoreboard whith everybodys scores, and brief info on what mode the current player plays etc.
Ooh! A "tournament topper" LCD... making an http query to the high scores website and displaying various stats on the screen, configurable locally in an XML file.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

ChadTower wrote:
JMX wrote:Or have it as a scoreboard whith everybodys scores, and brief info on what mode the current player plays etc.
Ooh! A "tournament topper" LCD... making an http query to the high scores website and displaying various stats on the screen, configurable locally in an XML file.
I'll sell you the one on my RBION ;-)
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

For the time being the only DMD game I have is a Shadow... don't see that changing any time soon and definitely not by acquiring a modern Stern. :?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

ChadTower wrote:For the time being the only DMD game I have is a Shadow... don't see that changing any time soon and definitely not by acquiring a modern Stern. :?
I was talking about the topper you hippy =)
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Oh, I know, but the topper isn't any use without a game to put it on.
Eddie
Veteran

Re: Tell us what you would like to see.

Post by Eddie »

While working on my playfield I placed a towel over the backglass to avoid getting it scratched with the field leaning against it. When I was done with the work and was testing the game I noticed that the field was much easier to see because the Backglass reflection was gone! The light was covered with the towel that I had not yet removed.

When I removed the towel the reflection of the Backglass obscured the center of the playfield which led me to try removing the backglass flourescent bulb to see what the field would look like and it turned out that it looked much better! The reflection of the backglass is very noticeable on the playfield glass obscuring the field where it is present.

This led me to this thought. What would it take for the NUCORE system to turn off the backglass light when the game start button was depressed and for the bulb to remain off untill the game was over? This way The backglass would be lit for the attract mode but off for better visibility during game play.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Tell us what you would like to see.

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:While working on my playfield I placed a towel over the backglass to avoid getting it scratched with the field leaning against it. When I was done with the work and was testing the game I noticed that the field was much easier to see because the Backglass reflection was gone! The light was covered with the towel that I had not yet removed.

When I removed the towel the reflection of the Backglass obscured the center of the playfield which led me to try removing the backglass flourescent bulb to see what the field would look like and it turned out that it looked much better! The reflection of the backglass is very noticeable on the playfield glass obscuring the field where it is present.

This led me to this thought. What would it take for the NUCORE system to turn off the backglass light when the game start button was depressed and for the bulb to remain off untill the game was over? This way The backglass would be lit for the attract mode but off for better visibility during game play.
The flourescent light isn't controlled by the driver board. It is connected directly to line voltage (through a transformer.) Unfortunately we can't control it without adding new hardware. I've never really noticed the translight causing glare while playing though. I guess I'll have to look again.