Hrm... cheap RFMs as candidates?

Talk about anything PB2K related.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Post by sellenoff »

tanthony wrote:Yeah, I think I might be the guy next in line already. Ok. As a new member of your forum, I vote you offer stuff to your own forum members first in the future!!!

P.S. Who's buying it? Maybe I can pay them $50 to let me have it :)
I've got an extra SWE1 playfield I pulled when I bought mine. It's not in mint shape, but it's in very nice shape from what I remember. It's in storage at the moment so I gotta go by memory. I had thought to keep it for parts, but if you really want it I may consider selling it. Honestly though you ought to try and find someone local first, as shipping it will be expensive i'm sure.
g-man

Post by g-man »

ChadTower wrote:Feelers sent out... any insight as to how much one would expect to pay for am RFM sans computer/prism?
I bought a good condition RFM for 300 quid (about $600).

This was without the computer or case. Everything else was good, including a perfect playfield with zero wear.

Took me a while to build up the parts, but it cost another 400 quid (about $800) to build up the computer/case/prism, this included 5 spare cpu's, pub card, spare ram, heat sink, power supply and some other parts.

I was pretty happy with that deal.

G-man
tanthony

Post by tanthony »

I'd be interested in that extra SWE1 you have. I sent you a PM yestereday.
tanthony

Post by tanthony »

Are you guys in Michigan? Since I'm in Ohio, I could potentially come pick up the SWE1.
tanthony

Post by tanthony »

sellenoff wrote:
tanthony wrote:Yeah, I think I might be the guy next in line already. Ok. As a new member of your forum, I vote you offer stuff to your own forum members first in the future!!!

P.S. Who's buying it? Maybe I can pay them $50 to let me have it :)
I've got an extra SWE1 playfield I pulled when I bought mine. It's not in mint shape, but it's in very nice shape from what I remember. It's in storage at the moment so I gotta go by memory. I had thought to keep it for parts, but if you really want it I may consider selling it. Honestly though you ought to try and find someone local first, as shipping it will be expensive i'm sure.
Sorry, I'm really mangling these posts. Guess I'm coming up the learning curve on this forums format & buttons. Meant to quote ya so you'd know who I was talking to. Anyway... as indicated, I'm interested in the SWE1. Can you give me a bit of info on what would be included?
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

g-man wrote: I bought a good condition RFM for 300 quid (about $600).

This was without the computer or case. Everything else was good, including a perfect playfield with zero wear.

Took me a while to build up the parts, but it cost another 400 quid (about $800) to build up the computer/case/prism, this included 5 spare cpu's, pub card, spare ram, heat sink, power supply and some other parts.

I was pretty happy with that deal.

I would jump all over that deal. Around here, in order to get a "big" title, you either have to get lucky and get in with cash in minutes or you have to pay the premium. Too many well connected guys with deep pockets.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Post by sellenoff »

Sorry, I'm really mangling these posts. Guess I'm coming up the learning curve on this forums format & buttons. Meant to quote ya so you'd know who I was talking to. Anyway... as indicated, I'm interested in the SWE1. Can you give me a bit of info on what would be included?
I was thinking just the playfield. Combined with our product, it's all you'd need to swap games, and I'd hate to sell you something you don't need. ;)

I'm in Atlanta, GA fyi-
tanthony

Post by tanthony »

sellenoff wrote:
I was thinking just the playfield. Combined with our product, it's all you'd need to swap games, and I'd hate to sell you something you don't need. ;)

I'm in Atlanta, GA fyi-
Well, then perhaps we should wait until I can buy the product and I know it's price but I'd still be interested in what the price for the playfield itself would be. Chuck sold his for $500 but that was equivalent to a complete "kit". Do you have a SWE1 translite you could include? You can email me: tbanthony@yahoo.com. Otherwise, I'll check back here in the forum.