NEW VIDEO 3-8-08

Post by Chuck »

http://www.chucksarcade.com/pb2kgp.wmv

Showing gameplay from the latest build.

Enjoy
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

That looks EXCELLENT! I especially like the responsiveness of the eddy sensors to fast capture lane shots. The eddy sensors on mine frequently miss fast shots there no matter what I've tried. This is a very exciting project!

BTW, RFM is one of the few games that cries for black rubber :)
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I agree about the black rubbers. I just hate a dirty machine though ;-)

The capture lane shots are way better. When I run the original computer it rarely gets a really fast shot. The emulator picks up about 90% of them. I think if I adjusted it a little I might be able to make it 100%
JB

Post by JB »

Wow. It's so nice to see it not stutter the video framerate when the ball is in the pop bumpers!

Very encouraging, guys; keep up the good work.

-JB
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Awesome!
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

JB wrote:Wow. It's so nice to see it not stutter the video framerate when the ball is in the pop bumpers!

Very encouraging, guys; keep up the good work.

-JB
I never noticed a frame rate issue while the ball hit the pops. I honestly never paid a ton of attention the video until I started working on this. I will tell you that the way the machine draws the screen is new code and shouldn't suffer any slowdown by things occurring in the game. I've seen Paris in peril about a thousand times now and in the last month really noticed the quality of the parachuting aliens animation was a lot better. When the aliens stand there with their guns they also move very smoothly.

Our original goal was to match the quality of the original computer. In trying to optimize things we actually overshot the mark and have really made a number of improvements. I'm extremely happy with our codebase now and I'm pretty sure you will be too ;-)
Andrew

Re: NEW VIDEO 3-8-08

Post by Andrew »

Chuck wrote:http://www.chucksarcade.com/pb2kgp.wmv

Showing gameplay from the latest build.

Enjoy
It's great to see the emulation working so well! I'm not as familiar with RFM so I can't comment on whether it looks 'better' but it looks GREAT!

Thanks for posting the video!
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Great vid! The system seems to be really good.
Would be nice to see a head on video( split screen) of the Stock Computer Graphics vs the Nucore Graphics so that you can really demonstrate the improvements that you have made.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:Great vid! The system seems to be really good.
Would be nice to see a head on video( split screen) of the Stock Computer Graphics vs the Nucore Graphics so that you can really demonstrate the improvements that you have made.
Good idea. I might try to do that soon. I wish HD cameras weren't so damn expensive :p