LCD Project Diary

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

This machine has turned into a monster. It's just about ready for patz. Functionally it's complete. I just need to clean up the wiring a little more and it's good. I'm working on it in the garage and I had the doors open today cranking music and cleaning up. Steve and I want to do a couple more things with the jukebox feature but will hopefully be finished tomorrow. I had to turn the volume down on the thing today because I was worried my neighbors might get mad. The closest one if over 200 yards away =)
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I was tidying everything up today. Fixed some really minor issues with my machine. The whole time I was listening to the thing play my favorite music. Everything sounded great except for the subwoofer. It's a pinball pro sub that I bought when I first got in the hobby. They aren't great subwoofers really. Ok for pinball really muddy when it comes to music. So I made one last trip to the local car audio joint and bought a really nice JL audio 8" monster sub. It barely fit. Bass is incredible.

Had everything together and i hear a solenoid firing constantly midgame. Tipped the playfield up and everything looked fine. Ran diags, no problems. Sat down and thought about it for a minute. How would adding a bigger subwoofer screw up a divertor gate? Then it occured to me that there are three magnetic ball sensors next to the gate. The sub couldn't be triggering those could it? Yup...

I'm going to shield the top of the sub with two layers of steel. I have an idea of where to get some that will be perfect. I'll let you know how it goes after I try it =)

Setting up the machine for PATZ has been fun but I want to go back to coding :p
Eddie
Veteran

Re: LCD Project Diary

Post by Eddie »

What is the latest news in this LCD mod?
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

Bump for updates.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

No real updates at this time. My LCD rocks. I'm hoping that once nucore is out someone will make and sell an easy-to-use mounting kit for lcd monitors. A new head design would be really cool too ;-)