resolution question

Talk about anything PB2K related.
FritzStudio

resolution question

Post by FritzStudio »

Hey guys,

question about the flexibility of your system as far as monitor resolution is concerned.

Since its using a standard PC, and i assume emulating RFM (or is it?), is there anything getting in the way from running the monitor at a higher res *if* their was new content at the proper resolution.

I am a 3d artist/animator by trade, would love to use your system for my designs, and would love to run them at 1920x1200 on a big fat lcd. custom cabinet and playfield situation. or just to upres the gfx that are presently in RFM.

thanks, and great work so far!
mikeo
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: resolution question

Post by Chuck »

FritzStudio wrote:Since its using a standard PC, and i assume emulating RFM (or is it?), is there anything getting in the way from running the monitor at a higher res *if* their was new content at the proper resolution.
Probably not for two reasons:

1) All of the code is designed for the original pb2k spec.
2) The original spec pushed the standard monitor as far as it can go so implementing a higher resolution wouldn't work in a standard pin2k cab. The LCD addition isn't for resolution at all since it runs at the original res.

We are planning on doing a new minigame in the future though. We might hit you up for some graphics ;-)
FritzStudio

Post by FritzStudio »

thanks for your reply chuck

dont hesitate to hit me up for 3d stuff!

mike