Sound Options

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Jazman

Re: Sound Options

Post by Jazman »

Chuck wrote:
woodlouse wrote:Chuck, I think the question here is whether or not the existing pin2k sound board can be used with nucore.
For me, the $100 saving might determine whether I order now or wait until my old system packs up.
You can use the original amp. There is one issue though; the original amp doesnt have a 1/8 stereo jack on it. It has a place for it on the board but no jack. You have to install a jack (we haven't been able to find one that fits) or solder wires from the board to a jack or directly to a cable. It has been done and is being used by one of our beta testers and Don also did this. I would say it requires soldering skill as the connections are small.
This is what I was planning on trying this weekend, but I didn't want to post anything until I tested it. I guess I don't need to worry about it working now.

Jaz
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

That's exactly the sort of thing that should end up in the wiki. :D
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

ChadTower wrote:That's exactly the sort of thing that should end up in the wiki. :D
You know what really makes wikis great? Public content creation =)
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Yep... when I get the chance to do it, though, I'm going car amp/speakers, so that's what I'll be writing up. And probably a custom mount solution too since that's my plan.
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

Chuck wrote:
ChadTower wrote:That's exactly the sort of thing that should end up in the wiki. :D
Ummm... most of us have not seen any personal use of the system yet, so user content would be nothing but guessing and speculation at this time.

Patience young grasshopper.
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Jazman wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Ummm... most of us have not seen any personal use of the system yet, so user content would be nothing but guessing and speculation at this time.

Patience young grasshopper.
I was just giving you guys a hard time ;-) I actually added content today.