bug found : Martiam Bomb / Ball saver function

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Revo76

bug found : Martiam Bomb / Ball saver function

Post by Revo76 »

I have stumbled upon something......
When you have gotten one or more martian bombs collected and you fire your new ball.
When it goes into the Martian Attack mode you first have to hit the two small jumping aliens on the side.
Then a big alien comes on the screen which you have to destroy to get into multi ball.

When it goes into the Martian Attack mode and your ball drains but your ball saver timer is still active.
It will say "Ball Saved , Keep Firing" and a new ball will be loaded into the shooter lane.
The machine will not auto fire the ball but needs you to press the launch button.
It then fires the ball, but also uses a martian bomb which most people want to save until the big martian is on the screen and use the bomb when the ball almost drains to still go into multiball.

In my opinion it should do the following :
Or auto fire the ball back into the game automatically.
Or use the launch button without costing you a martian bomb when firing the ball.

I am running Revenge from mars version 1.6 on the standard computer that came with the game (not nucore).
I guess this also occurs with older versions of the game.
This sequence has been done without the playfield glass on it to see if it could be repeated.
Sadly enough i could repeat this several times with a ball saver set to maximum.
I am wondering if the same thing happens with a nucore system
Can anyone give this a try and please report it here.

Thanks in advance,
Revo76