Update on Nucore Case

Talk about anything PB2K related.

Would you buy a custom Nucore case?

Yes, I would pay up to $130 for one
56%
No
11%
I'm more interested in a mount for existing cases (some assembly required)
33%

Total votes: 9

Chuck
Site Admin

Update on Nucore Case

Post by Chuck »

We've gone down two different options for the case and have a pricing estimate on a custom Nucore case. This case would be similar to the original except it would take a new motherboard and have a mount for a drive. It would be an exact fit for the existing mounting bracket. Powedercoating is an option. A very rough estimate on the price is $130 with no power supply. As I initially thought making a low quantity run of a computer case would be expensive and I was right. The question is would you be interested in such a case? The $130 estimate is on a very low run quantity. We may be able to reduce the price by taking pre-orders and hopefully getting a decent quantity. Please post your thoughts. If no one wants them we won't have them made. If a few people want them they will be in the $130 range. If a lot of people want them we may be able to get a quantity discount. We will either have these built or have a new mounting system custom made that will use a standard case and a new mount (it would be less expensive when you add a standard case.)

Please vote and post thoughts here.

Thanks