My current Nucore LCD setup

Talk about anything PB2K related.
GLModular
Veteran

My current Nucore LCD setup

Post by GLModular »

Hi everyone,

I know there are some of you interested in putting an LCD in your game and so I just wanted to share what I did with my machine.

This is the monitor I chose for my setup:

Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
SKU: N82E16824009145
$179.99 (from Newegg)

The monitor has a flat back and flat bezel, so it will sit flush against the head frame opening quite nicely.

There are a ton of 22" LCD's out there, so if you don't pick that one or the Dell monitor that Chuck's using, just make sure that the LCD that you choose will fit. From my measurements, the absolute maximum size the LCD can be are:

20.75"W x 16"H

That is measured to the inside of those square wood strips on the left and right side. Width seems the be the only major problem as most 22" LCDs are under 15" in height, so that means that you'll probably need some form of a light shield to cover the areas around the opening that the monitor doesn't.

Here are my build pictures:

The material I used is 3/4" 6061-T6 aluminum stock from Alro Steel. I used about 77" worth of material. Cost is probably something around $20 for the raw material. I don't really remember as I happened to have a bunch of it on hand from an old project. Spent about $5.00 in washers and screws. Took me about 2 hours to machine, drill, and tap all four pieces. I had to do some additional machining on the vertical pieces. You may notice that there's a 1/4" gap between them and the back of the monitor in a couple of the pictures. Plus the slots were extended to allow for more vertical adjustment of the monitor.

I'm currently working on a production run of an LCD mount (see my post in the Announcement forum), but I thought I'd post this here in the case that someone wants to DIY one on their own.

Tony
www.greatlakesmodular.com
Re-Engineered Pinball Parts!
digger47

Re: My current Nucore LCD setup

Post by digger47 »

I got the same monitor at newegg on sale now $159.99.
thanks for the write up.
digger