Hmm, what to do...

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Sam

Hmm, what to do...

Post by Sam »

I bought a Samsung LCD sometime ago and installed it with GLM's brackets. Did the big teardown and everything. Last thing was to put the glass back on and it didn't fit. The monitor's bottom is just big enough to block the glass. Damn, @$#$#! Flipped the monitor upside down and got it to fit. Great but video is upside down and reversed left/right. Is there anyway in Nucore to solve this? XINA only offers 'fb flip' which solves half the problem and is not permanent.

Sam
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Hmm, what to do...

Post by Chuck »

There is nothing you can do. We allow you to flip the image, like you do with fb flip, but it will still be backwards. That's why we suggested dell monitors. The plastic around the monitor is very minimal and doesn't have that problem. I would suggest returning the samsung and picking up a dell monitor.
GLModular
Veteran

Post by GLModular »

There is supposed to be a "mirror" command, but from my experience, none of the graphics drivers (in my case - Nvidia) support it. Really annoying, because I'd _love_ to be able to use the linux command shell/GDM. Oh well, I've learned to at least read text backwards pretty well. :P

As for the monitor, many of them are going to be problematic due to the thickness of the bezel surround. It is best to get a monitor with a thin bezel and a flat back like the Acer monitors. That allows for the best physical adjustment with the GLM mounting system. The Dells are not completely flat on the backside, plus the bezel is thicker than the Acer's by about 1/2", so it is a tight fit but works.

Tony
www.greatlakesmodular.com
Re-Engineered Pinball Parts!
Sam

Post by Sam »

I bought a LG 22" monitor and it was a fit as well. Model is W2242TQ-BF. Bought it cuz it was cheaper than the Acer and has 2ms response time.

Sam