What would you like to see in Nucore?

Talk about anything PB2K related.
Chuck
Site Admin

What would you like to see in Nucore?

Post by Chuck »

Currently we are working on adding internet server tournament support. We will also be creating a hardware knocker kit and hopefully a nucore special version of the Bill Ung mod. Long term we are planning on adding a new mode for RFM. A mini-game if you will. What would you like to see that I haven't mentioned? Suggestions can be hardware additions, software additions, or a combination of both.
Pinball Wizard

Re: What would you like to see in Nucore?

Post by Pinball Wizard »

I have interest in the hardware knocker kit (but need to come up with a P2K...) Feature wise, I'd like to see something like changing around some of the lighting setup. I mean the light bulbs are all there but I think they aren't on at the right time to light the game properly to illuminate the proper features. I don't know how much you can change (I know you can add things but can you change what is triggered?).
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot
Eric A.
Veteran

Post by Eric A. »

I take it that dirty minded items will be disregarded soooooooooooo.........

I suggest one day to be able to play video files like the jukebox.
applejuice

Post by applejuice »

I'd like to be able to start the game from any mode, i.e including the greens and i'd also like to see a config option to select a mode permanently for the mystery mode (I love the martian autopsy too much!) Not sure if possible but thought i'd mention.
Last edited by applejuice on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

http://tournament.mypinballs.com

"All parts should go together without forcing. Remember the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. If you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. Do not use a hammer." ~ IBM
Pinball Wizard

Post by Pinball Wizard »

Eric A. wrote:I take it that dirty minded items will be disregarded soooooooooooo.........

I suggest one day to be able to play video files like the jukebox.
At Pinball Expo 09' that was brought up and the answer Chuck pretty much said was that they are looking into it but Codecs are the problem. Apparently the Jukebox software has been rewritten 7-8 times because of the way one person writes the code for a codec but there are 3 different ways to read it and the given music file might not fall into how the codec was written. I still too would like to see this but I'm not holding my breath for a release in the near future on that.
applejuice wrote:I'd like to be able to start the game from any mode, i.e including the greens and i'd also like to see a config option to select a mode permanently for the mystery mode (I love the martian autopsy too much!) Not sure if possible but thought i'd mention.
I do like the idea of being able to start the game from any mode. There are modes I know I haven't been to yet and that would be interesting to play with.
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot
Anders

Post by Anders »

How about a training mode? Where a drained ball result in a new ball to the shooter lane (auto plunged in RFM), game bookkeeping statistics aren't affected, bumpers are deactivated, game scoring is deactivated, etc. Could be useful if you just want to train some specific playing skill (ball pass, ramp shots, ball catch, skill shot, etc) without getting distracted by the game result, game mode, swe1 playfield magnet, etc.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Changing gameplay would require us to modify the original code and that's something we don't want to do for all sorts of reasons. I would be really messy too ;-) One suggestions someone made at Pinball Life's party this year was adding shaker motor support. I laughed at first but later figured out a way to do it. Don is going to make me a prototype interface board and I'm going to experiment with it. Could be pretty cool.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming!
Tower5

Post by Tower5 »

Advance Monitor settings.

Oh, how about a true 3D setting (where you have to wear glasses).