question about custom startup image or animation

Talk about anything PB2K related.
doctorquest

question about custom startup image or animation

Post by doctorquest »

In one of your videos you mention the ability to have a custom startup screen or animation. Would this only be visible when you first boot up or is it something that could stay visible until someone starts the game? I will have my RFM in the just outside my home theater and thought that some kind of welcome screen with my theater name or some kind of logo would be cool while the game was idle between games. If you are using the jukebox feature can you have a unique customizable screen image displayed while the music is running? thanks
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: question about custom startup image or animation

Post by Chuck »

You can do a series of 7 (I believe) startup screens that load in order. You can also replace the jukebox screen. They are standard bitmap (.bmp) files. I'll try to get some instructions up on how to do it soon.
doctorquest

Post by doctorquest »

So after I finish a game would it automatically go back to jukebox mode or is there something I'd need to do to switch from game mode to jukebox mode? thanks

brian
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

doctorquest wrote:So after I finish a game would it automatically go back to jukebox mode or is there something I'd need to do to switch from game mode to jukebox mode? thanks

brian
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. If you turn the jukebox on and start a game (without turning it off) the jukebox will automatically startup after the game is over (with a short delay.) Is that what you were asking?
doctorquest

Post by doctorquest »

Yes that is what I was wondering. So if I understnad correctly, when jukebox mode is enabled it will go into this mode whenever the game is not being played. What does the playfield do in the jukebox mode? Are the light all offs, or is it in the normal attract mode except video/audio are now playing your MP3's and displaying your bitmap image?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

doctorquest wrote:Yes that is what I was wondering. So if I understnad correctly, when jukebox mode is enabled it will go into this mode whenever the game is not being played. What does the playfield do in the jukebox mode? Are the light all offs, or is it in the normal attract mode except video/audio are now playing your MP3's and displaying your bitmap image?
You have to start the jukebox the first time then it will always go back to jukebox when the game isnt playing. When the jukebox is on it's really in attract mode with the jukebox screen displaying and which song is playing. The playfield lights do flash.
doctorquest

Post by doctorquest »

That sounds cool. Thanks for the clarification.