Looking for a good demo video of NuCore

Talk about anything PB2K related.
epthegeek

Looking for a good demo video of NuCore

Post by epthegeek »

Is there a video around anywhere that shows off the anti-aliasing and smoother framerate of NuCore very well? An a/b comparison would be really great. So far, I haven't found anything scrounging around on youtube.

Thanks,
E
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a good demo video of NuCore

Post by Chuck »

epthegeek wrote:Is there a video around anywhere that shows off the anti-aliasing and smoother framerate of NuCore very well? An a/b comparison would be really great. So far, I haven't found anything scrounging around on youtube.

Thanks,
E
The anti-aliasing was pulled for the time being. The smoother frame rate can be seen in some of the video we have on the site. The problem is that I don't have a very good video camera :p One of these days I plan to buy an HD camera and that would hoepfully do a little justice. Where are you located?
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I'm in SE Wisconsin, so I can't just drop by and check it out if that was where you were going.

Trying to decide if replacing a functional p2k computer is justifiable, or crazy.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

epthegeek wrote:I'm in SE Wisconsin, so I can't just drop by and check it out if that was where you were going.

Trying to decide if replacing a functional p2k computer is justifiable, or crazy.
I'm speaking at MGC later this month. I'm going to bring one of our complete units and I'll try to see if someone is bringing a pin2k machine that I could install it in.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I finally found the official videos on the site - the 'media' section isn't linked from the main page, but it is on the 'nucore' section (in the navigation at the top). I was just not finding any video previously.

The frame rate in the RFM demo video really does look impressive.

You mentioned the AA was pulled; is that still a possibility? Too taxing on the system? Not enough people buy higher end monitors to be worth the time at this point?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

epthegeek wrote:I finally found the official videos on the site - the 'media' section isn't linked from the main page, but it is on the 'nucore' section (in the navigation at the top). I was just not finding any video previously.

The frame rate in the RFM demo video really does look impressive.

You mentioned the AA was pulled; is that still a possibility? Too taxing on the system? Not enough people buy higher end monitors to be worth the time at this point?
I pulled the anti-aliasing because we could only do it on the vertical scanlines and not the horizontal. It made it look slightly better but the frame rate did take a hit on the slowest suggested processors amd x2 4400. I will probably take a look at it in the future. Right now we're busy adding new features that are more compelling.
knapejor

Post by knapejor »

Right now we're busy adding new features that are more compelling.
Can you tell us something of the new features coming up, or are they top-secret? :)
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

knapejor wrote:
Right now we're busy adding new features that are more compelling.
Can you tell us something of the new features coming up, or are they top-secret? :)
I always tell you all I can tell you ;-)

Some things are "secret" and others I hate to announce until they are pretty far along. I don't like announcing anything unless I'm sure we can follow through with it.
knapejor

Post by knapejor »

I understand :D :mrgreen: