Different settings for each player

Submit any ideas for the project here.
Walt

Different settings for each player

Post by Walt »

Here's an idea that I don't think would be too difficult to incorporate, and (I think) would be very cool.

How about saving three different sets of game settings? Things like ball save time, extra ball rules, number of hits to get past modes, etc.

They could be saved as 'easy, medium and difficult' (or 'novice, intermediate and pro' perhaps). Then, upon game startup, allow an option for each player to select their difficulty level.

That would make it more enjoyable for us pinball owners (pros) to play with friends/family who don't play often (amatures).

When I play with my neighbors (or even my young kids or wife), I want no ball save time, no extra balls, more hits to get past modes, etc, while giving them long ball saves, easy extra balls, few hits, etc... just to make it 'fair' (and more enjoyable for them really). Even out the play time and scores a bit.

Perhaps three sets of 'high scores' to go with it (one for each difficulty setting)?

Hope you like the idea.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Different settings for each player

Post by Chuck »

Good idea, might be trickier to implement than it sounds. That data is stored in the NVRAM and we don't know exactly where.
Shredso

Re: Different settings for each player

Post by Shredso »

I've thought about this lots of times. I'd love for my kids to be able to post hi scores on my machines. SWE1 has a cool feature that they can get on the board but when RFM is in they really don't have chance. My 5 year olds love it when they "get a snap" but it would be even cooler if they were gunning for achievable hi scores,