Nucore On Github

Submit any ideas for the project here.
ThomazPom

Nucore On Github

Post by ThomazPom »

Hi Chuck

I'd love to see Nucore hosted on Github.
In that open source way, nucore is guaranteed to survive, stay free and never fall again.

Everyone could look into the code, open issues, talk about them, help each other.

Everyone could create "branches" in the project to add new functionalities, update libs, improve architecture, compatibility with newer OS, make installation easier or fix issues.
You would then just have to check if you accept or deny the change.

More people would know about nucore and write very complete wiki, documentations and how to.

You could allow some trusted people as dev on the project and they could also edit or review code.

Everybody could fork the project and make a whole new thing out of it.

We could keep trace of the changes, and even rollback into an oldest relaese if needed.

Thank you for your anwser.
Sorry for my bad english. And a big thanks for the work you've done. You revived my 2 dad's fippers RFM & SW1. He was thinking all was lost.

Thomas
wiseold

Re: Nucore On Github

Post by wiseold »

+1 for this. It would be great to then possibly port this over to ARM, would be good to experiment with getting a SBC version going. Am keen to investigate.
wiseold

Re: Nucore On Github

Post by wiseold »

Want to reignite this - any chance of seeing the source - Raspberry Pi 4 is a prime unit to run this on....