program requests

Submit any ideas for the project here.
mickster

program requests

Post by mickster »

1) a software setup so that it can easily switch between SWEP1 and RFM (and possibly all the different versions of software) for the guys out there with just one cabinet.

2) Possible tournament settings lock with webserver uploading so that you could have a pin2k tournament online.

3) Possibility of not using a hard drive (perhaps just a motherboard with a CF card) so that the entire machine is solid state.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

NV storage devices like SD cards have a finite amount of write cycles. It's pretty high, but unless you had a way to easily set up and swap in a new one, a standard hard drive is still the best way to go.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Great input.

As far as the tournament web site goes someone already has one setup. He just sent me an email the other day:

http://www.mypinballs.com/tournament
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

Sonofabitch. Score one more in the "buy an RFM" column.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Re: program requests

Post by sellenoff »

mickster wrote:1) a software setup so that it can easily switch between SWEP1 and RFM (and possibly all the different versions of software) for the guys out there with just one cabinet.

2) Possible tournament settings lock with webserver uploading so that you could have a pin2k tournament online.

3) Possibility of not using a hard drive (perhaps just a motherboard with a CF card) so that the entire machine is solid state.
Excellent suggestions mikey. We had the same ideas ourselves for 1 and 3 since we all agree those are very important to many of us.
87xr

Post by 87xr »

1: Allow the system to use a wider variety or Network cards. I happened to get lucky and found an SMC Ether 16 ISA some time ago, but for anyone else nowadays they are made of "Unobtainium" (Unable to get). I bet I threw at least 30 of them away back in the day..

2: Enable additional options. Such as enabling the selection of 9 scenes or even all 12 at startup instead of just the first 6 then using the SCENEMGR to change it. This would just kind of mix it up a bit for home use.

3: Allow custom attract screens to personalize the machine for home use.

4: Allow editing of the html files to personalize the built in web server for home or even on location.

Senor