SWE1/RFM push button ball plunger

Submit any ideas for the project here.
tanthony

SWE1/RFM push button ball plunger

Post by tanthony »

Make SWE1 to have the option of using the RFM push button ball plunger vs. the manual one.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

We have actually discussed this issue and have some ideas we need to test.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Re: SWE1/RFM push button ball plunger

Post by sellenoff »

tanthony wrote:Make SWE1 to have the option of using the RFM push button ball plunger vs. the manual one.
If you are saying have Star Wars use the RFM button, it cannot work. There's no solenoid to kick the ball onto the field..

However there's a similar idea for RFM that we are planning.
FatTony

Post by FatTony »

I saw a cool mod done to the Manual plunger on a SW:EP1 which a launch button was modded into the Manual plunger housing. The RFM playfield had to be modded with one of the autolaunch mechs from a stern pinball (Like ONE from TSPP) so you could choose to manually plunge the RFM or Press the button and launch the ball. It made swapping PFS extra fast since he didn't have to swich plunger/button.

If I ever get a SW:Ep1 PF I might just do this.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Post by sellenoff »

FatTony wrote:I saw a cool mod done to the Manual plunger on a SW:EP1 which a launch button was modded into the Manual plunger housing. The RFM playfield had to be modded with one of the autolaunch mechs from a stern pinball (Like ONE from TSPP) so you could choose to manually plunge the RFM or Press the button and launch the ball. It made swapping PFS extra fast since he didn't have to swich plunger/button.

If I ever get a SW:Ep1 PF I might just do this.
Yes I've seen it, great idea, but I also hate it. :)

The "similar idea" mentioned above is to allow RFM to no longer need the launch button, and instead press both action buttons to launch the ball. Of course the feature can be turned off for purists.

The idea being though, for swappers, just keep the plunger of SWE1 installed, so you never need the RFM button, thus you never need to swap the stupid thing.

We've not tried this out to see if it works in practice as it does in theory, but I believe it will..

So it means, a game swap will take only as long as it takes to pull the playfield, which is as fast as we can possibly make it.

-Steve
FatTony

Post by FatTony »

I like the idea of using the action buttons to launch the ball. I would use this feature.
sellenoff
Project Developer

Post by sellenoff »

FatTony wrote:I like the idea of using the action buttons to launch the ball. I would use this feature.
Yeah, from the moment I thought of the idea, and everytime I launch the ball since then, I think jeez, I hate having to take my hands off the flipper to launch the ball, I gotta get that feature coded up.. ;)

Also, a big plus, that I literally just thought of, is that my kids who are still very small, don't get the concept of having to launch the ball, they just love to flip the flippers, so it'd be great for them too.
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

sellenoff wrote:Yeah, from the moment I thought of the idea, and everytime I launch the ball since then, I think jeez, I hate having to take my hands off the flipper to launch the ball, I gotta get that feature coded up.. ;)
You could always just make the game play itself, grab a beer, and sit back and watch :D
sellenoff
Project Developer

Post by sellenoff »

Kenbo wrote:
sellenoff wrote:Yeah, from the moment I thought of the idea, and everytime I launch the ball since then, I think jeez, I hate having to take my hands off the flipper to launch the ball, I gotta get that feature coded up.. ;)
You could always just make the game play itself, grab a beer, and sit back and watch :D
LOL!!!

Actually, I saw a video somewhere on the net of some guys who wrote logic to get a pinball to play itself, it was pretty amazing actually..