Playfield swapping and LEDs

Submit any ideas for the project here.
Jazman

Playfield swapping and LEDs

Post by Jazman »

Hey Chuck,

I know I read somewhere that you were auto-detecting playfields by using the lamp matrix. I think I also read that this wouldn't work properly with LEDs installed (ie: it generates a mess of bad lamp errors). Finally, I think I saw something about some getting blown by running SWE1 code with a RFM playfield or vice versa.

So... can you confirm for me that there is a method to select ROMs that will work for LED fitted playfields. In addition, I really don't want the system asking me every time I boot up which playfield is installed and blowing things up if I choose wrong.

Thanks for letting me know where you're at.
Keith
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Playfield swapping and LEDs

Post by Chuck »

I think we've covered all bases on this. In the config you can select which game is installed. The choices are (rfm, swe1, auto) If you choose auto it attempts to determine which playfield is installed. *If* it can't auto-determine which is installed when auto is selected a popup window appears and allows you to select which game to run with the flipper buttons. You can also specify which game is chosen as a command line option when you start nucore.
Jazman

Re: Playfield swapping and LEDs

Post by Jazman »

Chuck wrote:I think we've covered all bases on this. In the config you can select which game is installed. The choices are (rfm, swe1, auto) If you choose auto it attempts to determine which playfield is installed. *If* it can't auto-determine which is installed when auto is selected a popup window appears and allows you to select which game to run with the flipper buttons. You can also specify which game is chosen as a command line option when you start nucore.
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks.
Keith
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR