tournament AND webcam support?

Submit any ideas for the project here.
asurb2000

tournament AND webcam support?

Post by asurb2000 »

I found this out on wikipedia today:

WIKIPEDIA:
Technical details
The main unit stored in the head of the machine is IBM-PC based and mainly consists of a BAT style PC mainboard running a Cyrix Media GX CPU connected to a Cyrix CX5520 bridge and a PCI-PRISM card that holds the Game ROMs and DCS2 sound hardware. Pinball 2000 uses a 19 inch CGA color monitor for graphics output, although it is even possible to exchange the built in monitors by a LCD if it can handle the low refresh rate (15kHz) and resolution (640x240) of an arcade CGA monitor.
The used DCS2 hardware allows for full stereo output (whereas the old WPC system uses mono) and the Pinball 2000 cabinet was the first to be equipped with a real subwoofer in the cabinet (other pinball machines feature a broadband speaker to save money).
New software updates can be installed via a serial cable connected to a second PC, so no additional ROM exchanges are necessary as in previous generations.
The machines also offer networking support, a feature that can be used to easily run game tournaments (each connected machine then displays the total highscores and optional player pictures) or to play the machine via another computer connected using Telnet, so it's even possible to control the pinball machine via webcam and internet.
Another first in pinball history is the display of broken lamps and fuses inside the service menu. Other broken hardware (like switches, solenoids and the like) is displayed on the TV screen and marked on the drawn playfield for simplified maintenance.
SEE THIS, IF YOU DARE (REAL WARNING) ---> If pinball 2000 can run on the web and you guys can use that technology to use it for a HUGE feature in emulated pinball (think of WORLDS OF WARCRAFT) I bet that can not only for an anesthetically reason (sorry for the fanciness) but maybe people (or you guys) can use that as a way to bring Bally - Midway back with a BANG!!!

WHAT WAS I TYPING ABOUT?!

Sorry got a little carried away but maybe you guys can use this as a new feature for pinball 2000.

THINK ABOUT IT!
LLABNIP ORP
ASU ECAR GIB
SI LLABNIP ETIROVAF YM
9891 NI LLABNIP YLLAB YB RELBMAG TAOBREVIR
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: tournament AND webcam support?

Post by Chuck »

We're working on tournament support right now ;-)
asurb2000

Post by asurb2000 »

CHUCK:

He'll have to implement two pieces: an emulated original network card and then a interpreter to forward packets on to the host ethernet adapter.
Did not see that part, sorry :)

wonder if you can make sales with that?
LLABNIP ORP
ASU ECAR GIB
SI LLABNIP ETIROVAF YM
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

asurb2000 wrote:wonder if you can make sales with that?
That's a good question. More importantly it's the only subsystem we haven't emulated. And if we can meet all of our goals it will be much better than the original.
asurb2000

Post by asurb2000 »

another question, what about Web-cam support?
LLABNIP ORP
ASU ECAR GIB
SI LLABNIP ETIROVAF YM
Pinball Wizard

Post by Pinball Wizard »

Web-cam support wasn't built in, it was assumed the owner would do that separately. Chuck and Don would have to write that in separate. The online control of the pinball was never truly figured out for what exact commands were needed to be sent to get it to activate the flippers, lights, etc. I do know that they had it to a point where they could control EVERYTHING if they found the commands.
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot
Menace

Post by Menace »

Chuck wrote:
That's a good question. More importantly it's the only subsystem we haven't emulated. And if we can meet all of our goals it will be much better than the original.
I can say the only reason I haven't purchased Nucore yet is the lack of ethernet support. I've got my RFM hooked up to the on-line tourney, so I'm waiting for Nucore to include this before purchasing.

Doug
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Menace wrote:
Chuck wrote:
I can say the only reason I haven't purchased Nucore yet is the lack of ethernet support. I've got my RFM hooked up to the on-line tourney, so I'm waiting for Nucore to include this before purchasing.

Doug
We're working on it ;-)
applejuice

Post by applejuice »

I've got my RFM hooked up to the on-line tourney, so I'm waiting for Nucore to include this before purchasing.
Anyone who's interested in finding out more about the online tournament i built , see my site at http://tournament.mypinballs.com. You can also get an iPhone app to see the live scores.
Jim

http://tournament.mypinballs.com

"All parts should go together without forcing. Remember the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. If you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. Do not use a hammer." ~ IBM
KSKID

Post by KSKID »

Menace wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Doug

I'm the same way....think its a great setup, but not buying until I know for certain that Nucore will be able to do Tournament Mode
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

KSKID wrote:I'm the same way....think its a great setup, but not buying until I know for certain that Nucore will be able to do Tournament Mode
We're still working on it ;-)