Jukebox Graphics

Submit any ideas for the project here.
Tower5

Jukebox Graphics

Post by Tower5 »

I finally got the jukebox working (Mac User) and I'm loving it (other than it being way too quiet). The thing is, this could be the NuCore killer app if only...it weren't just a glorified MP3 player. See, the reason jukeboxes work, is because of the overall sensory light show they provide. It would be cool if you could select a graphics generator or even a screen that looks like a bubbling jukebox. I'd also like to have more control over the audio, but that would take a lot more work. Just some thoughts, because I can tell the sound has potential.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Jukebox Graphics

Post by Chuck »

Once we get some things worked out I will add a light show to the jukebox. It's always been on my todo list.
Tower5

Post by Tower5 »

Groovy!
knapejor

Post by knapejor »

Tower5, I'm having some trouble with the jukebox too, what did you encounter, and how did you solve it?
Tower5

Post by Tower5 »

Being a Mac User, I was having problems with getting my songs from Itunes into NuCore. I decided to just skip everything and use a PC to format a USB drive into FAT32. I then burned MP3 discs on my Apple, which I transfered to the PC and into the USB drive. This got the jukebox running, but it was really quiet. I then used Chuck's recommendations found in the Support index (Adjusting system volume from a terminal). The sound is very impressive.
knapejor

Post by knapejor »

I got it working now, my guess is that it had something to do with permissions on the NuCore folder. Sound is really good :)
Tower5

Post by Tower5 »

Only problem is, everybody I show the jukebox too wants to have the music while they're playing the game. Is that even possible?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Tower5 wrote:Only problem is, everybody I show the jukebox too wants to have the music while they're playing the game. Is that even possible?
it is possible. But you would have to choose between jukebox music or game sound. You cant have both at the same time.
Tower5

Post by Tower5 »

That sounds cool. How do you select Jukebox music while you're playing? I take it you still hear game special effects?