Nucore 2.25 Release!

Official announcements from the team.
alexmogil

Re: Nucore 2.25 Release!

Post by alexmogil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am

alexmogil wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:45 pm
Hi everyone - thanks for doing this and making it available.

I'm using the install from the dropbox link earlier in this thread with a new install of 32 bit Ubuntu 8.04 LTSR. I got all repositories set up roeectly and the log file says the install was successful. Upon hooking the game to the parallel port and turnin on the PC, I get to the point where I can choose the game, choose SW:E1 and then I get this:

Basically "Failed to open PB2KSLIB"

I did some internet searches but was unable to find any resources for this particular error - any help?

... it just occurred to me that if I am installing from the link provided previously in this thread, I won't be able to run this at all will I? Doesn't that installation require a copy protection dongle or something? In any case, I had a rom file named incorrectly for the last error, and after naming it correctly, I get further - to the Nucore 2.0 loading screen with the glowing blue bar.. and then this:

I'm getting Launcher[6] Hardware Error. Also something about nvram checksum mismatch.

If someone can help with that or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Also if I am barking way too far up the wrong tree by trying to run something that is ultimately... unrunnable at this time, please let me know!

alexmogil

Post by alexmogil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 pm

I feel like a doofus. The version of Nucore that got posted in here requires a USB key doesn't it?

Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:38 pm

Looks like you installed off of the original install disc. That version requires a usb key. But... using that install you can patch the install with the latest version. Since the patching is normally triggered inside Nucore you need some linux experience to manually install the patch. After the patch you don't need the key.

alexmogil

Post by alexmogil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Chuck wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:38 pm
Looks like you installed off of the original install disc. That version requires a usb key. But... using that install you can patch the install with the latest version. Since the patching is normally triggered inside Nucore you need some linux experience to manually install the patch. After the patch you don't need the key.
Right, I read the update instructions and it mentioned something about hooking it up via USB while Nucore is running - I'll stare at the files for a bit and see what I need to figure out.

Now I hope Don considers making an amp!