i made two Nucore Debian packages for Lubuntu 18.04. One package contains the Nucore files from the official releases (CD version, 2.25, 2.25.3r) and the other the Lubuntu configuration files.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dxcqbwkn6egi ... NccAa?dl=0
Installation: (see also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71UUJktDfVs )
- Download the 32bit version of Lubuntu 18.04
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/relea ... p-i386.iso
- Connect the pc to the internet
- Boot your pc from the CD or a USB stick and install Lubuntu. During installation create the user nucore with the password nucore
- After the installation login as user nucore with the password nucore
- Download the Nucore Debian packages and install them.
- Copy your RFM and SWEP1 roms and firmware to the nucore installation - don't ask me for the roms. These are old Nucore files, which are not avaiable from bigguys anymore.
- Right click on the desktop opens a little start menu. Select File Manager and go to nucore - scripts
Double click on autostart-enable.sh to enable the autostart of Nucore after booting Lubuntu.
15khz-x11.sh: startscript for 15 khz
autostart-disable.sh: disables autostart of nucore
autostart-enable.sh: enables autostart of nucore
crt-15khz-enable.sh: enables the original 15 khz CRT monitor. CRT infos see below. *1
crt-15khz-disable.sh: disables 15 khz
start-nucore.sh: startscript for nucore.
Execute the script start-nucore.sh in a terminal for testing.
You can exit Nucore with the "," key to return to the desktop!
- During the first Nucore start you have to accept the license agreement - press both action buttons.
If Nucore crashes while starting, reboot the pc.
CRT 15 khz monitor:
The original 15 khz CRT Pinball 2000 monitors might need additional configuration and an older ATI video card (3xxxx-5xxxx) with VGA/DVI output. But not all ATI cards work! I use a cheap ATI 5450 and a 3870. if you looking for a used one, choose a card with a fan. Fanless ATI video cards can get very hot under Linux without the powerplay drivers.
15 khz configuration:
The script 15khz-x11.sh expects that the CRT monitor is connected to the VGA-0 port of the video card.
If you use another port, you have to change all strings "VGA-0" in the script 15khz-x11.sh to your port name - e.g. VGA-1, VGA1, VGA0, DVI-1 ...
Open a terminal (right click on the desktop for the little start menu, then click Terminal)
Type: xrandr --listmonitors
0: +*VGA-1 1440/381x798/211+0+0 VGA-1
In this case, there is only one monitor connected to VGA-1
Test your configuration with the 15khz-x11.sh cript. You may have to move a window around the edges of the screen, in order to see the window on the CRT monitor. The Pinball 2000 monitor has usually a smaller resolution und shows only a part of the "bigger" pc monitor.
With an older computer and/or a slow harddrive you may have to increase the figure behind "sleep" in the script nucore/scripts/start-nucore.sh! Start with 10 or 15. (This is the timer for the countdown to start the 15 khz modeline after starting Nucore.)
German thread (Flippermarkt.de): https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/f ... te.197427/
+ USB bug:
- press F1 to leave Nucore, press the right mouse button on the desktop and select the terminal. Type:
sudo apt-get remove usbmount # then press return
v003 (test version): This version still uses suid, which will be removed later via udev. No firewall iptables configuration yet.
Official announcements from the team.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1