Nucore Suspending Sales

Official announcements from the team.
Chuck
Site Admin

Nucore Suspending Sales

Post by Chuck »

Nucore users,

Don and I would like to start off by thanking you for your support of the Nucore project for the last 6 years. When Don and I first talked about creating a replacement for the original pinball 2000 computer we never thought we would end up where we are. Recently, a few variables changed in the Nucore equation. Due to these changes Don and I decided to suspend sales of Nucore. We’re calling this a suspension because we plan on continuing Nucore in the future. How far into the future is unknown but we will certainly let you know when it’s back. We will still provide service to existing Nucore users including hardware repair for the USB board and audio amp. Pinball Life has limited availability of base units, audio amps, and cases.

Nucore was a lot of work and Don and I often wondered if it would be worth all of the pain. It certainly was and again we would like to thank our customer for making it all possible.

Chuck Hess
Don Weingarden
Big Guys Pinball
Menace

Re: Nucore Suspending Sales

Post by Menace »

Chuck / Don,

Hopefully these variables don't keep you guys out of the game too long. I have not regretted being an early adopter of Nucore, and it would be a shame for others to miss out on such a fantastic solution in the future.

I cannot thank you guys enough for all the hard work.

Doug
sirscott
Veteran

Post by sirscott »

interesting.

it was a good ride; thanks for the memories.

may all the Nucores live long and prosper
If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.
drajen

Post by drajen »

I just got a SWEP1 that I want a Nucore in. I can't believe how bad the timing is. Pinballlife has the amp and chassis but from what I understand, I'm going to need the USB card to properly run my machine, correct? I'm perfectly capable of building my own PC. Is the forum classifieds my only hope?
Menace

Post by Menace »

drajen wrote:I just got a SWEP1 that I want a Nucore in. I can't believe how bad the timing is. Pinballlife has the amp and chassis but from what I understand, I'm going to need the USB card to properly run my machine, correct? I'm perfectly capable of building my own PC. Is the forum classifieds my only hope?
If PBL doesn't have the USB/Software (barebones kit) available, I'm thinking that might be your only option at this point.

D