Nucore 2.25 Release!

Official announcements from the team.
alexmogil

Re: Nucore 2.25 Release!

Post by alexmogil »

alexmogil wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:45 pm Hi everyone - thanks for doing this and making it available.

I'm using the install from the dropbox link earlier in this thread with a new install of 32 bit Ubuntu 8.04 LTSR. I got all repositories set up roeectly and the log file says the install was successful. Upon hooking the game to the parallel port and turnin on the PC, I get to the point where I can choose the game, choose SW:E1 and then I get this:

Basically "Failed to open PB2KSLIB"

I did some internet searches but was unable to find any resources for this particular error - any help?

... it just occurred to me that if I am installing from the link provided previously in this thread, I won't be able to run this at all will I? Doesn't that installation require a copy protection dongle or something? In any case, I had a rom file named incorrectly for the last error, and after naming it correctly, I get further - to the Nucore 2.0 loading screen with the glowing blue bar.. and then this:

I'm getting Launcher[6] Hardware Error. Also something about nvram checksum mismatch.

If someone can help with that or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Also if I am barking way too far up the wrong tree by trying to run something that is ultimately... unrunnable at this time, please let me know!
alexmogil

Post by alexmogil »

I feel like a doofus. The version of Nucore that got posted in here requires a USB key doesn't it?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Looks like you installed off of the original install disc. That version requires a usb key. But... using that install you can patch the install with the latest version. Since the patching is normally triggered inside Nucore you need some linux experience to manually install the patch. After the patch you don't need the key.
alexmogil

Post by alexmogil »

Chuck wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:38 pm Looks like you installed off of the original install disc. That version requires a usb key. But... using that install you can patch the install with the latest version. Since the patching is normally triggered inside Nucore you need some linux experience to manually install the patch. After the patch you don't need the key.
Right, I read the update instructions and it mentioned something about hooking it up via USB while Nucore is running - I'll stare at the files for a bit and see what I need to figure out.

Now I hope Don considers making an amp!
StarWars Master

Post by StarWars Master »

hello Guys,

i currently have a Star Wars EP 1 working and i am looking to upgrade the system with the nucore.
But i am not sure of understanding it right, could someone please lead me on the right track before i start going into this.
First i need to install the old nucore ISO from the dropbox link .
Then i need to open it using linux.
After i need to upgrade the version with the link from bigguyspinball.
plug it in the the pinball machine.

I didn't really understand the part with the USB key but i guess there are not many more steps between.
Regards. Hope to get help quick :) :lol: :lol:
dgarner9

Post by dgarner9 »

Hi, I did a fresh install of 8.04 LTS & Nucor but cannot find the Nucor.tar.tar download (ROMS).

Does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks,
Darin
rlml

Post by rlml »

hi all , i have a dead pin 2000 rfm , i have downloased the update from the link . however were can i find the orignal install , many thanks
dgarner9

Post by dgarner9 »

Chuck posted a dropox.com location of the install disc earlier in this thread

Thanks,
Darin
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

FYI - a number of people volunteered to create a new distro with the latest Linux and Nucore including an install script. No one ended up following through. Don has been working on a new distro in his (very limited) free time. We should have one available at some point. No promises on timing though.

Again, we cannot and will not, discuss roms, copywritten assets, or where to find them. We must do this to keep the free version of Nucore legal and available to everyone. I hope you understand.
dgarner9

Post by dgarner9 »

Thanks Chuck.

I install from the distribution then installed the 2.25 Release and get the error "Failed to open PB2KSLIB" when its hooked to the playfield.

Can you provide any info on where the PB2KSLIB is located? Is it a ROM library or a Nucore library?

Thanks,
Darin

PS, I have a second hard drive built with the latest Linux distribution but figured I should get the 8.4 install working first! :-)
rlml

Post by rlml »

ok got the drop box file and the update ,

i have download Ubuntu Linux version 8.04 LTS. however it will only load to command prompt not a desktop , is thear a newer vertion i can use with nucore many thanks stu
Shredso

Post by Shredso »

Does anyone know how to install this update without access to a game? I'm having connectivity issues, I figure I should start by having the newest version.
mdeslaur

Post by mdeslaur »

Chuck wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:45 pm FYI - a number of people volunteered to create a new distro with the latest Linux and Nucore including an install script. No one ended up following through. Don has been working on a new distro in his (very limited) free time. We should have one available at some point. No promises on timing though.
Sorry about that, I did make some progress, but I'm not quite to the point of testing it yet.
fstinkfist

Post by fstinkfist »

alexmogil wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 am
alexmogil wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:45 pm Hi everyone - thanks for doing this and making it available.

I'm using the install from the dropbox link earlier in this thread with a new install of 32 bit Ubuntu 8.04 LTSR. I got all repositories set up roeectly and the log file says the install was successful. Upon hooking the game to the parallel port and turnin on the PC, I get to the point where I can choose the game, choose SW:E1 and then I get this:

Basically "Failed to open PB2KSLIB"

I did some internet searches but was unable to find any resources for this particular error - any help?

... it just occurred to me that if I am installing from the link provided previously in this thread, I won't be able to run this at all will I? Doesn't that installation require a copy protection dongle or something? In any case, I had a rom file named incorrectly for the last error, and after naming it correctly, I get further - to the Nucore 2.0 loading screen with the glowing blue bar.. and then this:

I'm getting Launcher[6] Hardware Error. Also something about nvram checksum mismatch.

If someone can help with that or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Also if I am barking way too far up the wrong tree by trying to run something that is ultimately... unrunnable at this time, please let me know!
Hi Alex,
I am also trying to instal Nucore in Linux 8.04.4 but with no success. What as the rom/roms file that was named incorrectly?

Thank you
Filipe