RFM game clock wacky?

Support questions and answer and latest software.
JB

RFM game clock wacky?

Post by JB »

Hi,

Not a big deal, but can anyone tell me why the time/date settings in my RFM Nucore machine always go to some arbitrary date in the future, like 2130?

I have a Foxconn motherboard in a Nucore-supplied computer. The computer's BIOS has the correct time, I guess it is not propagating across to the RFM game code or something.

I go into the RFM menu to set the date and time and it stays OK until the machine is powered off. Next time it is powered up, the time and date are crazy again.

Thanks,
-JB
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: RFM game clock wacky?

Post by Chuck »

JB, make sure jumper 1 is set on the usb board. If you have it set to freeplay does the game reset back to coin on power up?
JB

Post by JB »

Chuck,

I see a J2 and a J3 but J1 appears to be the USB connector. J3 has a jumper on it, J2 does not.

Thanks,
-JB
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Have you tried setting it, closing the coin door, then rebooting to see if it's correct?
JB

Post by JB »

Chuck,

I reset the clock, selected "Reset Machine" from the RFM menu, and the clock is crazy again. Interestingly, it is only the HOUR and the YEAR that get messed up - everything else is correct!

Re-reading your last post on this, I will do the following:
1. Power up
2. Go to the RFM menu Utilities > Set Clock and set it
3. Close coin door
4. Open coin door, go to RFM menu Utilities > Reset Machine

Correct?

Thanks,
-JB
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

JB wrote:Chuck,

I reset the clock, selected "Reset Machine" from the RFM menu, and the clock is crazy again. Interestingly, it is only the HOUR and the YEAR that get messed up - everything else is correct!

Re-reading your last post on this, I will do the following:
1. Power up
2. Go to the RFM menu Utilities > Set Clock and set it
3. Close coin door
4. Open coin door, go to RFM menu Utilities > Reset Machine

Correct?

Thanks,
-JB
No, don't reset machine. If I remember it reloads defaults and your clock will be messed up again. I meant to turn it off and re-power on to test.
JB

Post by JB »

Nope, didn't work. The clock always goes to current time minus 14 hours, current year plus ten.

Perplexing but ultimately unimportant.

Thanks,
-JB
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

JB wrote:Nope, didn't work. The clock always goes to current time minus 14 hours, current year plus ten.

Perplexing but ultimately unimportant.

Thanks,
-JB
I know the game clock has no bearing on anything but I will look into this a little more. I don't recall anyone having this problem.
Bay78

Post by Bay78 »

I have experienced the same problem. Again not a big deal but I too get the correct hour and date but year is 20 years ahead. I changed it and the next day turn on and same thing. Weird.
[url]http://www.pinballowners.com/bay78[/url]
nlmike

Post by nlmike »

Same problem on my SWE1. Battery on the USB board is properly jumpered. I tried saving the date again yesterday. The day and month were saved correctly, but the year changed to 2027. Not a big deal, as it does not affect anything in the game.

Mike.