SWEP1 won't start

Support questions and answer and latest software.
TheBaronVonBell

SWEP1 won't start

Post by TheBaronVonBell »

After the nucore splash screen the monitor displays "nucore desktop login" game was working fine until I left it unplugged for a couple of days. How do I get it to run the game software again?

Tim
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: SWEP1 won't start

Post by Chuck »

Check and make sure your USB board is plugged in properly.
TheBaronVonBell

I checked both usb plugs and they were both seated well, I unplugged and replugged them anyway and now it boots. Go figure. I was thinking back to when it wouldn't boot and I seem to remember some message flying by about some check or other not having been performed in x times and it said "check forced" Is that something Linux does?

Tim
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

TheBaronVonBell wrote:I checked both usb plugs and they were both seated well, I unplugged and replugged them anyway and now it boots. Go figure. I was thinking back to when it wouldn't boot and I seem to remember some message flying by about some check or other not having been performed in x times and it said "check forced" Is that something Linux does?

Tim
Yeah, linux forces a hard drive check after every 20 boots (right around that many anyway.) Good to let it run.
TheBaronVonBell

I was still having trouble with occasional "no boot" on the game so, I decided to replace the USB cable thinking it might be defective. When I unplugged it, the usb connector on the Nucore board fell off. (Probably what was causing the intermittent boot problem) How can I get the Nucore board repaired?

Tim
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

I sent instructions via your email.