Dell P2210 fits almost perfectly!

Support questions and answer and latest software.
luvcraft

Dell P2210 fits almost perfectly!

Post by luvcraft »

I pulled the CRT monitor out of my RFM head this weekend in preparation for whatever crazy stuff I'd have to do to make the Dell P2210 monitor I have fit. Once I got the CRT out of the metal bracket, I discovered that the size of the bracket was actually pretty close to the size of the P2210, so I re-mounted the bracket and slipped in the P2210, and it fits great! There was 1/2" at the top and bottom and 1" on both sides, and I filled in all of that space with 1/2" backer rod (foam core insulation used for door and window installations), and strapped the monitor in with plastic plumber's tape (the flexible strips of plastic or metal with evenly spaced holes) using the pre-existing and unused screw holes on the bracket. No drilling, no cutting, no gluing, no $100+ specialized bracket, just ~$7 worth of stuff from Home Depot. Hooray!

So, next I have to actually buy a NuCore. :) But first I have to sell one or two of the pinball machines I'm trying to sell to raise money for a NuCore.

At any rate, I highly recommend a Dell 2210 to anyone else who wants to put in an LCD on the cheap without any drilling or cutting.
Pinball Wizard

Re: Dell P2210 fits almost perfectly!

Post by Pinball Wizard »

What pinball machines are you selling?
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot
luvcraft

Post by luvcraft »

Pinball Wizard wrote:What pinball machines are you selling?
I'm selling a Lord of the Rings, and in a few days when I'm done fixing it up I'll also be selling a High Speed. I also had an Eros One, but I sold that last night (yay!).

(I'm in Albuquerque)
rmartin

Post by rmartin »

When you have a moment, can you post a few pics of your improvised mount? Thanks!