ArcadeVGA problems

Support questions and answer and latest software.
AddictedToEMs

ArcadeVGA problems

Post by AddictedToEMs »

Installed Ubuntu w/o my ArcadeVGA card and now when I put the card in, the kernel won't boot from the disk or the CDROM. I just get some text and it stops after "Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local). I can install nucore w/o the arcadeVGA, but I'm unsure if it will work when I plug it in later.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: ArcadeVGA problems

Post by Chuck »

If you have an ATI based on-board video (motherboard) you will be able to install ubuntu without the avga card and then add it after. When you did the install did you choose safe mode before installing? Also, did you disable the on-board video after you installed the avga card? The AVGA card only supports computer video from the DVI connector. The 15 sub-d connector will only work with the arcade monitor.
AddictedToEMs

Post by AddictedToEMs »

Yes, I installed it with safe video mode - I did not disable the onboard, because the ArcadeVGA trumps the on-board so I will try that. I did have it plugged in the DVI - that's why I could see the text. The onboard video is an ATI Radeon 3000.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

AddictedToEMs wrote:Yes, I installed it with safe video mode - I did not disable the onboard, because the ArcadeVGA trumps the on-board so I will try that. I did have it plugged in the DVI - that's why I could see the text. The onboard video is an ATI Radeon 3000.
Sounds like you did everything right. You should be able to install without the card then just put it in.