Which LCD Monitor are you using

Support questions and answer and latest software.
User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Chuck » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 am

I'm getting a ton of requests about which monitor people should use. Mine is two years old so I would like you all to please post what you've purchased lately and how you like it.

digger47
member
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:12 pm
Location: florida

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby digger47 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 am

I used the same monitor as Chuck, the Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor SKU: N82E1682400914
$149.99 (from Newegg) on sale.
I've had it for abut 6 month, and could not be happier with the results some peoples concerns with the blacks had me worried
but, it looks fantastic to me.

Tower5
member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Tower5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 am

Is 22" the ideal size or 19"? I might have to switch to LCD as my CRT isn't working. Is there a more ideal monitor out these days?

Cobra99
member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Cobra99 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 am

I just installed the Acer 23" and it just fit. Don't think you could install anything bigger

epthegeek
member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby epthegeek » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 am

I'm curious as to why people are choosing widescreen over a 19" 4:3. Does the 22" 16:9 LCD give you the same vertical size as a 19" tube (due to the less viewable area)?

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 am

epthegeek wrote:I'm curious as to why people are choosing widescreen over a 19" 4:3. Does the 22" 16:9 LCD give you the same vertical size as a 19" tube (due to the less viewable area)?


A 19" lcd only yields about an 18" screen due to the bezel. When I experimented with LCD monitors the 22" widescreen was a great fit for the space and actually fills more area than the original 19" which left black bands on each side. One note about a 22" monitor is you need a monitor that will allow you to adjust the horizontal width or the dot clock. It will help you align the targets properly.

epthegeek
member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby epthegeek » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Does NuCore have the ability to resize/reposition the rendered image on the monitor to accommodate for size? or are you just left with only tweaking the monitor settings to make it line up? I know you mentioned a 22" monitor is good alignment - but would using a different size (if you found a deal on a 23" that fit, for example) scale everything up? Or can nucore compensate by changing the output?

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Chuck » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 pm

epthegeek wrote:Does NuCore have the ability to resize/reposition the rendered image on the monitor to accommodate for size? or are you just left with only tweaking the monitor settings to make it line up? I know you mentioned a 22" monitor is good alignment - but would using a different size (if you found a deal on a 23" that fit, for example) scale everything up? Or can nucore compensate by changing the output?


Nucore can't compensate for image size at the moment. You do need to rely on monitor settings to do this. Two settings that will allows you to do this are horizontal width/alignment and dot clock settings.

machine.slave
member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby machine.slave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

Sorry about reviving this post, but I just got a RFM and SWEp1 last weekend (instant P2K collection!). I'm going to be upgrading the RFM to Nucore and throwing the computer from that into the SWEp1 as it's currently missing the computer all together.

ANYWAY

I'll be replacing the monitor in the RFM with LCD, but my biggest concern is that you can only buy widescreen LCD's! I'm wondering.. does the image get stretched to 16:9? or does it center the image on the screen in 4:3 format? If it stretches, I'll be looking long and hard for 4:3 LCD .. I can't stand stretched pictures.

Thanks :)

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Chuck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

machine.slave wrote:Sorry about reviving this post, but I just got a RFM and SWEp1 last weekend (instant P2K collection!). I'm going to be upgrading the RFM to Nucore and throwing the computer from that into the SWEp1 as it's currently missing the computer all together.

ANYWAY

I'll be replacing the monitor in the RFM with LCD, but my biggest concern is that you can only buy widescreen LCD's! I'm wondering.. does the image get stretched to 16:9? or does it center the image on the screen in 4:3 format? If it stretches, I'll be looking long and hard for 4:3 LCD .. I can't stand stretched pictures.

Thanks :)


It does stretch with a 16x9 screen. I will say though that the image still looks very good.

machine.slave
member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby machine.slave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 am

Chuck wrote:It does stretch with a 16x9 screen. I will say though that the image still looks very good.


Doh! Thanks Chuck. My hunt begins. :x

machine.slave
member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby machine.slave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm

One more quick question here.. I've got a line on some used 4:3 monitors, what's the max size I can go with one of those?

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Which LCD Monitor are you using

Postby Chuck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm

machine.slave wrote:One more quick question here.. I've got a line on some used 4:3 monitors, what's the max size I can go with one of those?


I had a 20" 4:3 LCD before I went widescreen.


Return to “Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron