Flip the Desktop

Support questions and answer and latest software.
Cobra99

Flip the Desktop

Post by Cobra99 »

I want to know how to flip the display of the desktop so I can view it from the mirrored glass. I have used the rotation and can invert the display but cannot flip it.

Implemented "Option" "RandRRotation" and can set the rotation in the screen reoluction. Someone had to have done this?

Since we don't use the GDM we didn't work on a solution for slipping the desktop properly. You may be able to find a driver that supports it but I doubt it. Also, if you run Nucore on top of the GDM make sure and change bit depth to 32bpp. I suggest you don't run it under GDM but if you do make sure you change that setting or performance will suffer.
GLModular
Veteran

Re: Flip the Desktop

Post by GLModular »

The RandR functionality has to be written into the video driver. As far as I know, none of the "proprietary drivers" (ie nVidia and ATI) support this. If you are using one of these, you are out of luck.

When I looked into it, none of the VESA ones did either. Since those are more open source, I would hope that it's possible to get someone to modify the code to include this, but I'm not aware that one has been done. :cry:

Tony
www.greatlakesmodular.com
Re-Engineered Pinball Parts!