Intel Processors

Support questions and answer and latest software.
applejuice

Intel Processors

Post by applejuice »

Hi, Just wondering if this intel processor would be ok to use in my system? Its on special offer at the mo, but is slightly under what the min spec says.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I'm thinking of using the Asus P5KPL-AM SE iG31 Socket 775 onboard Graphics audio mATX Motherboard with it and a mATX media type case
Jim

http://tournament.mypinballs.com

"All parts should go together without forcing. Remember the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. If you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. Do not use a hammer." ~ IBM
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Intel Processors

Post by Chuck »

I wouldn't use that processor. Nucore would work on it but I'm guessing just barely. If you are looking for a good/cheap solution use a Athlon X2 processor - $53 and more than enough horsepower for Nucore.
applejuice

Post by applejuice »

Hi,

Sorry, i pasted the wrong item in there (doh!, no sleep yesterday!) i actually meant item

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz Socket 775 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I wanted to check the min spec for intel was a pentium dual core 3ghz not a core 2 duo 3mhz processor as the min spec documentation lists 'intel core 2 duo' . I want to build my system using intel stuff.
Jim

http://tournament.mypinballs.com

"All parts should go together without forcing. Remember the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. If you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. Do not use a hammer." ~ IBM
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

applejuice wrote:Hi,

Sorry, i pasted the wrong item in there (doh!, no sleep yesterday!) i actually meant item

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz Socket 775 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I wanted to check the min spec for intel was a pentium dual core 3ghz not a core 2 duo 3mhz processor as the min spec documentation lists 'intel core 2 duo' . I want to build my system using intel stuff.
That will work great.