Playfield status with P2k PC Disconnected..

woka

Playfield status with P2k PC Disconnected..

Post by woka »

Before I install the Nucore kit that I've just built, I have one immediate question.

With the Pin2K computer removed totally, when I turn the machine on I should get play field lights etc..?

From memory I should, but at the moment I'm getting nothing. Transformer hum but no lights. Anyone with an RFM, would you mind confirming this for me..? I get an array of LED's on the power driver board but nothing more. From repair guides all (I trust) voltages are correct and present, all fuses seem ok.

Help appreciated, this machine is driving me mad..!

I want to dump my Nucore Build in but I got no action on the playfield.. :(
Pinball Wizard

Re: Playfield status with P2k PC Disconnected..

Post by Pinball Wizard »

None of the lights will light up if there is no PC hooked up. The power driver board has a watchdog in it that shuts off the playfield because there is no communication to pc. Again, completely normal for the playfield not to do anything.
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot
woka

Post by woka »

My own stupid fault.. :oops:

Got the PC fitted into the box, anxious, plug it in.. Opps.. Forgot to connect the Nucore USB dongle..!

So, game now works, happy..? As a pig in the preverbrial.

Couple of quesations while I'm on a roll.

Currently using a 21.5 wide screen LCD, Got a 19" standard aspect at work (pickup tomorrow).. Will Ubuntu detect and resize to the new screen..?

Also, the image is mirrored.. Any 'quick and fast' instruction on how to revert the screen..? On boot, obviously the machine boots to RFM, is the setting in the Nucore settings or in Ubuntu..?

Thanks in advance..!
woka

Post by woka »

All good now, screen is 'righted' (p36 of the setup guide)

Brilliant, RFM lives..!

How simple was that..? Go to Whoa in total time, 2 ~ 3 hours..? And most of that was downloading the ROM's..!