Cooling fan/ Martian Solenoids

Eddie
Veteran

Cooling fan/ Martian Solenoids

Post by Eddie »

When should the cooling fan kick in? On power up or after the machine reaches a certain temp?

Are the solenoids that make the Martian figures dance standard or custom for this machine?
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Cooling fan/ Martian Solenoids

Post by Chuck »

The cpu and power supply fans should turn on right away if they dont TURN THE MACHINE OFF and replace them.

I think the martian solendoids are standard
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Thx for the info I checked the fan visually and it is on. It is just extremely quiet!
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

good. the second they start making any noice replace them. As a matter of fact open the case every couple of months and check them for peace of mind.
mjocean

Post by mjocean »

Chuck wrote:I think the martian solendoids are standard
Just so happens I have the manual right here...

AE1-26-1500 is the coil for the martians (left and right). This is he same coil as in the jet exit post and the trough eject. If you don't have a manual, download one from IPDB or buy one for around $15 online.
http://www.ipdb.org/files/4446/Bally_19 ... Manual.pdf

What makes the martians "special" is that they use a plunger spring (stiffer than a regular spring). Mine was clearly rebuilt with regular weak springs so instead of bouncing they sort of vibrate at the top of the plunger length. It's the first thing on my "to do" list.