1 bank drop target questions

Eddie
Veteran

1 bank drop target questions

Post by Eddie »

I was trying the diagnose test to see what if any problems may be found in the machine. Just as a precaution as the machine seems to play perfectly.

I kept getting this result...

[Switch or up coil bad] and [Switch or down coil bad]

I was in the middle of ordering spare coils for the machine (Just in case) and ordered new coils for the 1 bank drop target while I was at it.

They coils arrived yesterday and when I was installing them in the unit I had noticed that the microswitch was missing its Contact arm and it was also missing a mounting screw.

The switch part number is 5647-12693-31 and my questions are as follows

1 What is the function of this switch ?

2 Are there any suitable replacements for this switch as there seem to be none available anymore. ( I did find 1 from a German pinball shop online and ordered it) but once it fails there will be none left.

3 I really cant tell from the manual diagram Page 2-19 exactly which part of the drop down target depresses the switch arm and there might be some parts that have fallen off of the switch mounting plate as well. Would anyone have a photo of the switch assembly?

4 Would anyone have a spare 1 bank drop down assembly to sell? Thx all
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: 1 bank drop target questions

Post by Chuck »

1) They usually tell the machine the target is down. Or they can tell that the target is up. That's probably why you got the error.

2) You should be able to find a replacement switch arm. The switches are readily available. If you can't find the exact arm use another and modify it to work.

3) It should be the tab of the back of the target (from memory)

4) You don't need the whole assembly. Get the switch and you should be fine.
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Thanks for the info.

I would still like to have a complete spare assembly couldnt hurt!
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:Thanks for the info.

I would still like to have a complete spare assembly couldnt hurt!
The only thing it might hurt would be your wallet =)
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Trust me my wallet is hurting getting all the spares I can find.

I decided to search the bottom of the cabinet on the off chance that the microswitch blade may have fallen into it and might still be there.
What do you know? After giving the first thorough cleaning of the cabinet , there it was wedged in the back right corner of the machine!
I reinstalled the blade and presto the error message was cleared! Turns out that only one microswitch mounting screw held the switch to the plexi plate the other screw was somehow missing. This caused the microswitch to swivel and that action knocked the blade off when the drop target depressed it.
So be sure to check your microswitch mounting screws on the 1 bank drop target assembly. The screws are the 2 tiny screws (Part 21 ,Page2-19 in the manual that go through the switch to the metal bracket.