ablaze leds wooohoooo

yetterben

ablaze leds wooohoooo

Post by yetterben »

My latest purchase for my rfm was a set of ablaze leds from pinball life. The flasher one's suck so don't get those. the 44's and 555 are a different story. Best 100 bucks i ever spent. they work but the diag screen show them as bad bulbs so you're in the dark so to speak on finding burnt ones. They should live for a few years though. This should eliminate insert lift totally no heat on these bad boys. Enjoy the pics. My ep1 is next in line. Most of the perimeter bulbs have not been changed but i am working on it. First pic is old school rfm lights. It was hard to try and get a shot with them all on even in test mode.

Eddie
Veteran

Re: ablaze leds wooohoooo

Post by Eddie »

I will be replacing my bulbs for Leds also, just havent gotten around to it. Chuck is there a way to enable the Diagnostics to read the LEDs?

Yetterben I just read your Private Message and could not reply back on the site.
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

its cool eddie i got it all figured out. Yeah the dag is funny tells me i have 73 bad bulbs lol. The machine is very impressive. but after 20 games in a row i now have a migraine from the intensity flashes lol.

Get 4 blue 44's and one 555 for the stroke of luck. the others go in the lanes. It looks fantastic to have some blue in there.
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

Thanks for the pics. I've got LEDs in WH20, sometimes I like 'em and sometimes I don't. The instant on/off characteristic of them is a little cold and harsh. I'd probably never do another entire machine with LEDs but they do look good in some areas.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:I will be replacing my bulbs for Leds also, just havent gotten around to it. Chuck is there a way to enable the Diagnostics to read the LEDs?

Yetterben I just read your Private Message and could not reply back on the site.
There is no way, that I know of, to make led bulbs look good to the driver board (short of a small circuit for each bulb :p) I ran into the same thing and Don brought up this idea, since we do all the driver board reads and feed it to the game software we *could* tell the software a "bad" bulb is "good". If enough people ask for it we could supply an option in one of the software revisions. FYI, the lamp matrix is one thing we check for the auto playfield detect. So if you put led's in the whole machine you couldn't use the auto playfield select feature (most likely.) But the menu system will easily allow you to select which game you want anyway.
gehrig

Post by gehrig »

Has it been determined that the inserts lifting is caused by the heat from the bulbs?
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

From what I understand heat from the bulbs is the major cause of the inserts lifting.

Did you notice in Yetterbens pics that his machine also has backglass Glare ? LOL
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:Did you notice in Yetterbens pics that his machine also has backglass Glare ? LOL
We probably would have never noticed if you DIDN'T POINT IT OUT!!!!!!

;-)
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

it only bothers people with ocd :)

Surprised no one has said anything about how vivid it looks. I could never go back to that yellow washed out look.
cal50

Post by cal50 »

Chuck wrote:
Eddie wrote:I will be replacing my bulbs for Leds also, just havent gotten around to it. Chuck is there a way to enable the Diagnostics to read the LEDs?

There is no way, that I know of, to make led bulbs look good to the driver board (short of a small circuit for each bulb :p) I ran into the same thing and Don brought up this idea, since we do all the driver board reads and feed it to the game software we *could* tell the software a "bad" bulb is "good". If enough people ask for it we could supply an option in one of the software revisions. FYI, the lamp matrix is one thing we check for the auto playfield detect. So if you put led's in the whole machine you couldn't use the auto playfield select feature (most likely.) But the menu system will easily allow you to select which game you want anyway.

It would be nice if the entire reporting module could be switched off (Lamps). I was considering using some LED's but the credit dot nag really drives me nuts on games. LEDs are great in hard to replaces areas like pops under ramps and the like. P2K is just too smart in the error reporting end. Lamp diagnostics although a nice idea is a bit overkill.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

yetterben wrote:it only bothers people with ocd :)
OCD? I don't really like fish, but maybe later, when my dyslexia isn't flaring up.