Some missing parts on early test game

Jazman

Some missing parts on early test game

Post by Jazman »

Hey gang. The group here are pretty knowledgable on P2K so I figured I'd start here. I recently stumbled into/ acquired an RFM from a former Williams employee. It spent 4 weeks on test and had been in his house ever since.

When I was doing a bulb check the software was telling me that 2 lamps were blown. Well, surprise surprise... not blown... not there. I was looking at some photos online and am guessing these were added sometime after these initial test games. It's the 2 spotlights that mount to the tops of both slingshots.

So, I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the effort of acquiring spots, and then wiring them in all the way to the back of the playfield. So I'm curious, exactly how are those lamps used? Are they just GI and on most of the time except maybe hypno-beam mode? Or are they used in more of a flashing way. In other words, is it really worth the effort?

Thanks,
Jaz
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
woodlouse

Re: Some missing parts on early test game

Post by woodlouse »

Apparently a lot of RFMs that were shipped to europe didn't have spots. Mine came to UK via Holland and the previous owner had retro-fitted the spots but never wired them in. I got them wired up now - easy job.
I don't really notice them much when I'm playing a game, I think they come on during Martian Attack and illuminate the figures as they jump up and down.
ChadTower
Veteran

Post by ChadTower »

They definitely aren't important gameplay indicators. I'd say if it costs a bunch don't bother with it.
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

ChadTower wrote:They definitely aren't important gameplay indicators. I'd say if it costs a bunch don't bother with it.
agreed
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

ChadTower wrote:They definitely aren't important gameplay indicators. I'd say if it costs a bunch don't bother with it.
Well, the reflector domes are $12 for 2 so the cost isn't too big a deal. There are a few other cool, unique things that mark this game as early or pre-production so I may just decide to keep it original for the coolness of that.
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Pinball Wizard

Post by Pinball Wizard »

We Want Pics!!! :mrgreen:
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed LINUX!

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot