Martian Bomb

Eddie
Veteran

Martian Bomb

Post by Eddie »

I forgot where I read it but once you are awarded the Martian Bomb from the SOL hole arent you supposed to be able to hit some button to use it when in the Martian bonus round?

If this is true which button is it and cant it also be used for the Drive in theater scene? I thought that I remembered reading that as well.
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Martian Bomb

Post by Kenbo »

The square ball launch button is hit to use a martian bomb. It's mainly used during martian attack mode to kill the martians and raise the ramp you hit to start martian multiball. I don't think it has a use during drive in demolition mode but I can't recall trying it there.
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

Found this...

<snip>
Auto-plunger

Square button which is pressed to plunge the ball into play. This is also used for Martian Bombs (similar to Attack From Mars) which can be used during Martian Attack mode by hitting the Auto-plunger to kill a martian with 1 bomb. There is no beginning-of-ball ball saver by default, however this can be adjusted.
<snip>

Martian Attack

This works in the same way that it does in Attack From Mars, except only 2 rubber martians wiggle around and must be killed. Once this is done, the center Mini Ramp will raise up and its corresponding light will flash signaling to hit the ball across it and kill the giant martian on the video display. When the giant martian is killed successfully, Martian Multiball will begin (see Multiballs). Again, just like in Attack From Mars, the initial three martians can be killed off with Martian Bombs.
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Ok I tried using the Autofire button in Martian Attack Mode after acquiring the Martian Bomb from the SOL.

Nothing Happened?

I did have the ball save feature on so I turned it off and tried to get the sequence again and I could never get the Martian Bomb from the SOL go figure.

When you do have the Martian Bomb and win the Martian Attack from the SOL what exactly happens when you hit the auto fire button?

Is there any video action or sounds of a bomb? Do the jumpimg martians both die instantly as well as the Large video Martian?
KoenHeltzel

Post by KoenHeltzel »

You can use the martian bomb in the activation phase and in the actual mode. What happens is 1 martian is just killed (normal or big), but no special animation or sound is being played. The best time to have and use the bomb is when you try to activate martian multiball but the timer is running out.

I think 'bomb' sounds a bit more promising than what it does in the end :wink: .
Jazman

Post by Jazman »

Plus, the ball launcher switch/light will flash when you can use it as well...
Jaz
TAF, IJ(93), RFM, SWE1(kit), BSD, Monopoly, LOTR
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

Martian Bomb is sort of a bomb on RFM.

It's much more useful on AFM where there are four martians to kill and they are harder to hit (especially the lower right one).