1.6 firmware?

taco

1.6 firmware?

Post by taco »

I have heard about it but have not seen it available for the installer. Only the PUB card. Doesn't anyone have the installer version they could email me?
ace3093

Re: 1.6 firmware?

Post by ace3093 »

I only have 1.5 on mine. Does 1.6 make any specific changes compared to 1.5?
Revo76

Re: 1.6 firmware?

Post by Revo76 »

Recently i received the RFM 1.6 and SWE1 1.5 files, below you can see the update text.

Revenge From Mars - Revision HistoryVersion: 1.60 - SEP 22 2003(Changes From 1.50)Incorporate the final version of XINA (1.19) which fixes the problem where booting the system with the power driver board disconnected
can cause factory reset to occur due to the mismatch of the last country dipswitch setting in CMOS vs. the country setting for an open power driver board cable.

There is also the SWE1 1.5 file which basically has the same changes.

Star Wars Episode One - Revision HistoryVersion: 1.50 - SEP 22 2003(Changes From 1.40)Incorporate the final version of XINA (1.19) which fixes the problem where booting the system with the power driver board disconnected
can cause factory reset to occur due to the mismatch of the last country dipswitch setting in CMOS vs. the country setting for an open power driver board cable.

I received these files from Martin Wiest from Germany (www.pinball2000.de).
A friend of his was able to extract the pub updater file into a normal update file of both games.
If you have a pub updater card, you could of course download the file from pinball.com and update your machine.

So far i have been able to update my own and other RFM machines to version 1.6 without any problems.
When trying to update SWE1 at a friends place, received errors while updating, but that is probably due to bad roms that need to be replaced.

I am looking for two pub updater cards myself, if anyone knows some for sale, please let me know.