i love this game more

findpinball

i love this game more

Post by findpinball »

:mrgreen: i love this game more i want to play this game with NUCORE i hope NUCORE to be very soon :D
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: i love this game more

Post by Chuck »

Not as much love for this game. I'll tell you one thing, the audio quality of swe1 is pretty amazing even compared to rfm. WMS really did an incredible job with the samples.
mjannusch

Re: i love this game more

Post by mjannusch »

I threw my playfield in to put a few plays on it a few weeks ago and let my nephews play it a bit. It has its moments, and like Chuck said the sound is really good. The game itself is lacking, but I understand that's mostly because Lucas only gave them little pieces of imagery and sound samples and such and they didn't get to pre-screen the movie to see how things really fit together. It has more of a videogame feel than RFM does, I guess since a lot of the graphics are framed out to to the edge of the monitor and feel less like virtual playfield objects.

I wish there had been subsequent P2K's for the other Star Wars movies, but oh well...

It will be nicer when I get a NuCore so that I don't have to swap PRISM cards. One less step to converting between games will certainly be a good thing.

Long term if I ever find time where I'm bored I'd like to try to make a new pinball game, but a P2K seems like a difficult platform to start with. Maybe if some core functionality libraries (switch reading, solenoid firing, sound, etc) were available it wouldn't be so bad.
-Matt
RFM, SWE1, TZ, TAF