Lamp Matrix A problem

Post Reply
knapejor
member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 am

Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by knapejor » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 am

Hi there,

I have a problem with my Star Wars Episode 1, Lamp Matrix A isn't working at all. The fuse for the flashers is dead,
and I think I found out what caused it.

Can it be that this will solve the matrix problem too? (now every lamp in matrix A tells me it has an open circuit)

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by Chuck » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm

knapejor wrote:Hi there,

I have a problem with my Star Wars Episode 1, Lamp Matrix A isn't working at all. The fuse for the flashers is dead,
and I think I found out what caused it.

Can it be that this will solve the matrix problem too? (now every lamp in matrix A tells me it has an open circuit)
could be

knapejor
member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by knapejor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 am

I'm not really getting this, enclosed is a picture of the pinball 2000 software showing the lamp matrix problems, a lot of it isn't working..

Some time ago I posted a message stating some problems with the lamps in Revenge from Mars, maybe this is related?

Can anyone tell me how to look into this problem? (Like how to check things, and what to check)

Can this in any way be a NuCore problem, or is it surely an internal cabinet problem (driver board perhaps)
Attachments
122530.jpg
122530.jpg (180.28 KiB) Viewed 2732 times

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by Chuck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm guessing that the lamps are working fine other than showing bad in diagnostics. That will happen with LEDs.

What processor did you use in your system?

knapejor
member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by knapejor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Chuck wrote:I'm guessing that the lamps are working fine other than showing bad in diagnostics. That will happen with LEDs.

What processor did you use in your system?

Lamps are working fine now indeed (bad connector) but still a few messages as with the Revenge from Mars, but that's not too bad.

I use a Intel Core 2 Duo, e7300 if I'm correct.

User avatar
Chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Lamp Matrix A problem

Post by Chuck » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:18 pm

knapejor wrote:
Chuck wrote:I'm guessing that the lamps are working fine other than showing bad in diagnostics. That will happen with LEDs.

What processor did you use in your system?

Lamps are working fine now indeed (bad connector) but still a few messages as with the Revenge from Mars, but that's not too bad.

I use a Intel Core 2 Duo, e7300 if I'm correct.
Glad you figured it out.

Chuck

Post Reply