Update 12.03.10

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 12.03.10

Post by Chuck »

Yeah, I know it's been a while but we've been busy. We originally wrote our own version of a tournament server from scratch for testing only. As most of you know we needed to release it for general use. There is really no documentation about how the original server ran so we were flying blind. The server code has really been the main reason 2.0 was delayed. What's the use of releasing that code if you have no server to access. It's running and has been tested for the last two months. It supports both games on one server which is new. Star Wars owners will finally be able to play also. Now, while the server code works it's just the start of what's possible. Since we will be releasing the source code it's up to our user community to make it into something very cool.

I just finished the instructions for 2.0 and the candidate release binary is going through one final test. Hopefully it will be released this weekend. I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting it's release. Just think of it as our present to you =)

Peace.
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 12.03.10

Post by Chuck »

Good and bad news. The bad news is during testing we found a bug that dates back to the original code. We've identified the issue and are working on a fix. The good news is this will make Nucore more stable going forward. Please be patient as we hope to have it out asap.