Update 05.08.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 05.08.08

Post by Chuck »

All sorts of great stuff going on.

The ROM reader board came in the other day and Don is testing now. All is great so far and when he's done I'll try to get him to shoot a picture or two.

Don and I finished the code to auto-detect which playfield is hooked up to the nucore system and it works! So swapping playfields will be a matter of just that, swapping playfields ;-) You will still have to switch the shooters out unless you want to mod your machine and create a universal shooter. This changes playfield swapping time from 1 hour (my prism updates never went well) to just under 5 minutes.

Steve is making great progress doing what he's doing and should be done soon.

Once steve is done I will shoot another video showing all of our progress.

On a totally different subject I'm taking my son to see speed racer in an IMAX theater tomorrow. GO SPEED RACER GO!

Chuck
destruk

Post by destruk »

Awesome! I hope whatever Steve is doing is as successful as what most of what Steve has done has been. :) It makes perfect sense to me what I just said.

The 5 minute playfield swap instantly makes this better than the original machine.
Eric A.
Veteran

Post by Eric A. »

Damn, you mean i have to start shopping my ep1 now? ;-) Just ordered 400 in nos parts from steve young. ;-)
nworker

Post by nworker »

Thanks for the update. Couple of questions:

1. What did you think of Speed Racer?
2. Did you see Ironman?

:-)

Hank
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

1) Speed racer rocked. That being said if you weren't a fan of the original cartoon you would probably hate it ;-) Seeing it in IMAX was the only way to go. We were in the 10th row and it was incredible.

2) Ironman was awesome. A real close second to batman begins as best superhero movie ever.

=)