Update 07.12.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 07.12.08

Post by Chuck »

Last night we had a major breakthrough!

We squashed almost every bug in the last year but there were still two bugs left. These bugs were particularly nasty. Most people who played the game would never notice them but we did. No one would have noticed the single missing sound call in RFM. SWE1 had 3 occurrences and one was fairly noticeable (to us.) Don and I have been theorizing about these bugs over the last month or so testing everything we could. Don had an idea which he was working on and last night. I got a call at midnight, he fixed the sound bug!!!!! (one bug occurring in multiple places.) I can't tell you how many weeks were spent on these bugs. Don deserves major kudos for this one =) That leaves one bug left (that we know of :p) Don and I both have cans of code-raid in our hands and think we are close to getting this nasty pest. Once we solve this one we will be very close to the Alpha test phase.

Very soon there will be some pretty major announcements so stay tuned =)

Chuck
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 07.12.08

Post by Kenbo »

Congrats! One of the most frustrating things in programming is the elusive bug. Major time can be eaten up on those problems. We've been chasing one like that for a month - you know the kind, it shouldn't happen, we can't see how it can, the user will never see it because there's enough elasticity in the code to handle the occasional burp but it drives us nuts for not understanding WHY it happens. One down, one to go! Way to go guys!
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

What were the bugs that most players wouldnt notice? Inquiring minds want to know :-)
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Eddie wrote:What were the bugs that most players wouldnt notice? Inquiring minds want to know :-)
Sounds clips that didn't play.