Update 08.28.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 08.28.08

Post by Chuck »

I think we finally got it. I made some final tweaks to Don's code and it seems to be working great. Don is going to test it hopefully tonight.

While I was waiting for Don to finish I added a few things to the emulator. The emulator now knows when the game is or isn't running (attract mode or playing a game.) This may sound trivial but it's not ;-) Since we emulate the hardware we don't really know what the software is doing sometimes (ok, a lot of the time :)) This is useful for the jukebox feature which now shuts off when you start a game and then resumes after a user specified time while in attract mode. In other words when you finish a game you can tell nucore how many second until the jukebox starts. It does a cool volume swell from 0 to the volume it was before you started playing.

We're really getting down the the small details as far as software goes, and there's lot of them ;-) Good news is we'll have some really cool things to show at expo and no bugs.

Chuck
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 08.28.08

Post by Kenbo »

Whaddya mean "no bugs"? Are you guys SuperMen?
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

giggty giggty!
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Kenbo wrote:Whaddya mean "no bugs"? Are you guys SuperMen?
Ok, obviously a real programmer is in the room =)

No "major" obvious bugs. As a matter of fact I haven't seen any bugs lately *knock on wood* Unlike a lot of the software companies in the world today we really are *trying* to release *finished* software. I hate buying software that obviously isn't done :p Can anyone say Hellgate London? I'm excited about the alpha testing. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised. Or I'll be inundated with bug reports :p Lets hope for the best.
mickster

jukebox

Post by mickster »

Does the jukebox only play audio files at this point or does it play video also?

Mickey
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

Audio atm. We would like to add video in the future. It won't be included at launch though.
Kenbo
Veteran

Post by Kenbo »

Chuck wrote: Ok, obviously a real programmer is in the room =)
Not really, I just play one on TV :)

Seriously, if you can ship it without any known bugs after testing all along the way you are way ahead of the curve. Like you I hate shipping stuff that's incomplete with known bugs, but management has a different view these days. Microsoft has programmed them all to the marketing model where they sell first sell a problem and then get recurring income by selling a continuing stream of partial solutions.
destruk

Post by destruk »

I'm not just the president, I'm also a client.