Update 09.02.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 09.02.08

Post by Chuck »

Preparing for Expo. We're going to be testing and tweaking code for the next couple of weeks and then we'll freeze it. I hope to freeze it sooner than later. The day before pinball at the zoo was when the jukebox code was finished. Well, literally 7pm the night before. That was cutting things too close. I've also got to figure about what I'm going to say =) I could talk for hours about this project. I want to keep the seminar as interesting and interactive as possible. I'm really hoping some of our secrets will come to fruition before expo but I have no control on their timing. I'm planning on showing:

General Operation
Jukebox
Playfield Auto Detection
Nude pics of Fat Tony (oops, wrong thread)

I also need to make sure my playfields are perfect. My RFM upper left ball-block and the flap ramp are a little sticky. I did some work on the episode one playfield and it's about 100%

I also ordered another processor which should come in today. Our current target processor (athlon 4400 X2) will probably disappear soon. I'm going to test a X2 5800 and see if the faster speed causes any issues (there should be none.) By the time Nucore is release that will most likely be the new low-cost dual-core processor.
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 08.02.08

Post by Kenbo »

Sounds great, wish I could be there.

Regarding processors, there's no reason why it shouldn't run on an Intel mobo, right?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

none at all. We just chose amd to test because the platform is cheaper. I will eventually throw another hard drive in my monster machine and load linux on it to test. I have an intel dual core 3.4g with tons of goodies.
Eddie
Veteran

Post by Eddie »

Everything seems to be moving along.

Hope I can make it to the show.

Ever consider using a MAC for the core would it be possible?
Chuck
Site Admin

Post by Chuck »

It's possible. The only problem with a mac is they are way more expensive than a pc and it wouldn't buy you anything. Except the little toaster mac could fit anywhere nicely ;-)
yetterben

Post by yetterben »

its getting so close :) i need to source a rfm play field. Who has got one for sale :)