Update 09.14.08

Chuck
Site Admin

Update 09.14.08

Post by Chuck »

I think today is worthy of posting yet another update. I spent the entire morning on the phone with lots of people from the pinball expo. Everyone is excited and we have some cool things planned.

On the coding side I spent a lot of the day cleaning up minor annoyances. While doing this I found something in the sound code that troubled us for about 3 or so weeks. We thought we had it fixed but I found out today it really wasn't. I decided to try and tackle the issue and I'm glad to announce it's really fixed now =) The way it was fixed before would have worked and no one would have noticed an issue. The way it works now is correct and there are no issues. I'm really excited about showing the current build. It's way better than what we had at PATZ. I think the expo crowd will be pretty impressed.

Time for sleep...
Kenbo
Veteran

Re: Update 09.14.08

Post by Kenbo »

If you leave it to the software guys the code will never get done.

As a manager told me once, there comes a time when you have to shoot the engineers and ship the product :)
Chuck
Site Admin

Re: Update 09.14.08

Post by Chuck »

Kenbo wrote:If you leave it to the software guys the code will never get done.

As a manager told me once, there comes a time when you have to shoot the engineers and ship the product :)
Very good point. That's why we put a freeze on new features and even pared back a couple of the less interesting features to ship after launch. There was a period of time where we started adding non-essential functionality. We stepped back and decided to stop that and just focus on getting the core rock solid. Which I'm feeling really good about. The funny thing is by day I manage a team of programmers. By night I am a programmer. I'm my own worst nightmare =)